Official 2024 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

I'm only making a couple of ribs, but they just happen to have a roast beef attached to them.

20240101_082717.jpg

I do the 500 degree for a short time then shut off the oven for a long time method.

I'm replying just to get subscribed to the thread! Can't wait to see what you guys make this year! This is one of my favorite threads! I am not a big grill/bbq/smoker person, but love to hear the chatter and see the food creations!

Happy New Year!

--Jeff

Reactions: Newdude
Happy New Year all!

I'm on my computer. Pics on my phone. lol

Nothing new last night. Typical bone in rib roast in big easy with potatoes and vegetable. New Years day today was braised pork in the oven. Both unchanged and typical for past 10 years I think. lol

Reactions: jark87 and Newdude
I’m doing jerky again. I’m out already. Different brine this time. Last batch didn’t end up coming out bad.

wings tonight in air frier. Doing some with holy voodoo from eat church to see how they come out. Those meat church guys I guess really like it on chicken. It was pretty good on the turkey I used it on I will say.

The 500 for a bit then shut the oven off gives u that much of a sear?
Oh yeah. The Mrs likes rare roasts (yes ma'am :salut:) so I only do 4 to 4.5 mins a pound at 500, then let finish for 1.5 to 1.75 hours, but when I shut the oven off the roast and the drippings are sizzling so loud I can hear it from the living room.

If I did the 5 to 7 mins per lb that's widely advised online, (then sit for 2 hours off) I imagine it'd be blackened. Lol.

Oh yeah. The Mrs likes rare roasts (yes ma'am :salut:) so I only do 4 to 4.5 mins a pound at 500, then let finish for 1.5 to 1.75 hours, but when I shut the oven off the roast and the drippings are sizzling so loud I can hear it from the living room.

If I did the 5 to 7 mins per lb that's widely advised online, I imagine it'd be blackened. Lol.
Wow I deff have to try this year at some point. My buddy does it this way too and swears by it. So u get enough drippings for gravy?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Upon retirement I want to go work at a fast food Chinese place for a couple of months. I need just long enough that I can easily cook the full menu from memory.

Upon retirement I want to go work at a fast food Chinese place for a couple of months. I need just long enough that I can easily cook the full menu from memory.
in all seriousness those guys move. the one by my house which is really good is run like the army. the lady who owns it. . . been going there since her kids were baby's. they are now in college. still afraid to even say hi to her. she is alllllll business. all business. food is good though.

Reactions: Newdude
I fully plan to take a beating with an insane workload, in a 150 degree kitchen. But the payoff. Oh sweet baby the payoff. 😁

I'm replying just to get subscribed to the thread! Can't wait to see what you guys make this year! This is one of my favorite threads! I am not a big grill/bbq/smoker person, but love to hear the chatter and see the food creations!

Happy New Year!

--Jeff

Also getting in the loop. Love this thread, very inspiring.

• Love
Reactions: Turbo1Ton

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support