Newbie from Cali

elevatorman

Feb 14, 2024
Belmont, Ca
Started my first tub day after Thanksgiving. Of course, anxious and eager, didn't purge tub. Month later, foam city. Drained, cleaned, restarted. Used Chlorox product. Pool clear, no foam, but has an aroma now like a pondinbound6065916094852190826.jpg

Attachments

• inbound6395593271099328213.jpg
    inbound6395593271099328213.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 4
That xtra blu (dichlor) is not 99% dichlor so when using
PoolMath for calculations you will need to make allowances for that. It also contains copper along with other undesirable ingredients so I suggest you find some 99% dichlor. Sell that on fb marketplace or give it away.
Walmart sells hth brand 99% dichlor for spas. 1# lasts me over a year. You don’t need a case of the stuff.
You’ll also need some liquid chlorine or your cya will be sky high before you know it. For Every 1 ppm fc that dichlor provides it also increases cya by about 1ppm.
The fc gets consumed constantly but the cya doesn’t.
We recommend switching to liquid chlorine once cya reaches around 30ppm or it becomes harder & harder to maintain a sanitary tub & follow the
FC/CYA Levels
Here’s the spa guide to follow
(its also pinned to the top of this subforum) 👇
Do yourself a favor & get a proper test kit. Taylor k2006 or tf100.
The strips will have you chasing your tail
Test Kits Compared

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.