New pool! Finishing today!

Hahah I was talking about the tiki hut, it was part of the project from the beginning but it had to wait... I'm so excited to have it there now, it looks amazing! Once the landscaping is done and starts to mature it'll look really beautiful and private, right now you can still see some dirt and that back wall. I'll post more progress pics once I get them done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hahah Jeremy, i designed and decorated it myself yes. It's easy to get them here in Florida, they cost an average of $25/sqft, you tell them the dimensions and they just put it up in a half a day, it's incredible to watch. I had one on my old house so it was a must for me :)

After looking, I'm rekindling my thought of how to hang a hammock under/near our pavillion! I know it will be in the way some so I may have to have to be detachable on one end to "hang up" when not in use.

Looks awesome! Perfect environment for the hut.

Bmore, hammocks are very popular where I'm from (Brazil) everybody has them, here's a hammock hook I bought there, if you find something like it it will work fine, you can hook both ends to a post and only stretch it hook it to the opposite side when you want to use it.
746d8bd1f04fe770067e1559a5fbe791.jpg

Old time Pottery is selling some inexpensive cloth hammocks similar to mine for about $14

Thanks for the hammock follow-up. Somehow the whole Brazilian love affair with hammocks had escaped me until today. I've even been there but not to a residence and it didn't come up!

Oh yeah! I think Brazilian natives invented the hammocks, lol

Nurse, I haven't been in the water in a couple of months , anything below 84 is cold to me hahaha, but I can't wait for the summer months. My favorite really is the tiki, my kids joked once at my old house that it should have its own mailing address so I could get my mail delivered there since I practically lived there :) I really missed it.

Thanks Wendy! I need to come by and visit you too :)

Janny, fire bowl has only been on a couple of times :( I painted the birdbath/fountain black, put a small bbq tray with grill at the bottom, covered with rocks and used gel fuel in the tray for the fire that only lasted about 15 min, I plan on going back to this project and making it a propane fire pit, but for now it's just great visual and it adds to the final look I was going for.

I was very ambitious with a tight budget building this pool, people think I spent a lot more then what I was able to get done with my budget, I had to be very creative here, design was very important to me, I had to give up an upgraded glass beaded finish I REALLY wanted in order to get the tiki hut I "couldn't" live without.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.