New pool build

Just in case you have not seen this thread:

I love all of your other picks! That is really going to look great when it is done!

Question regarding transformers and globrites: I am installing a total of 10 globrites (2 deep end, 2 on reef step, 2 shallow end (100 foot cord run per light), 1 spa (115ft cord run), and 3 in the LED bubblers), initially I bought 1 300w transformer, and 2 100w. Ideally, I want bubblers and spa to operate independently from main lights. Install manual says no more than 3 lights per 100w transformer, and no more than 100 total cord per transformer. How many transformers do I need? Many stores sell a two pack light kit with 2 100 run long cords and 1 transformer. Doesn’t fully compute. Pool store guys said I’d be good with what I bought.IMG_5772.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET!!! That looks great!

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

SWEET!!! That looks great!

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:
I am the pool builder lol..thanks for the links. We are thinking either French grey or Tahoe blue…I kind of like tropics though but may need to modify tile. My pool has a tropical feel with the large ledge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.