New pool build

From the pictures provided it looks like there is no way to keep water from flowing through the heater when the pump is cycling.
Can you explain what dirty water is that you are referring to?
I read a post on here that said to run the pump during start up and to bipass heater because the pebble has lots of dust

I read a post on here that said to run the pump during start up and to bipass heater because the pebble has lots of dust
This is on the TFP startup guide:
The heater should not be operated for about 2 weeks after filling. If practical, bypass the heater during this period. Newly plastered pools will create a lot of plaster dust and this dust can find it’s way into the smaller tubes of your heater clogging it up. By bypassing your heater you avoid the risk of damage to your heater.

I know that I’m way late to the party here, but on page 1 of this thread, post #17, are those 90 * pvc elbows schedule 40? They look like DWV instead.
Anyway…. I’m always impressed with these sort of pool builds. So much involved and so much skill to get it done.

Plumbing started, drain and skimmers in. Some pipes and sweep 90’s in the trenches.
Hey just a heads up, you / your plumber are using DWV fittings instead of pressure fittings. Most plumbing inspectors will catch this. DWV (drain/waste/vent) fittings are not design to be under constant pressure. You should be using schedule 40 fittings. Also verify that the pipe is solid core, NOT foam/cellular core, there is a much bigger difference with that. I have seen DWV fitting file under 70 psi water pressure, the real problems are related to the force of water hammer on the pipes and fittings, not so much the constant pressure of the pool pump.

The collars are nice and fat. Once you see the difference in person you'll never miss it again. If I stick my finger on the inside of a DWV fitting, the collar goes to my fingernail. If I do it with Sched40 it's to my knuckle.

These would be my knuckle for sure. Lol.

Screenshot_20230714_151055_Chrome.jpg

I know that I’m way late to the party here, but on page 1 of this thread, post #17, are those 90 * pvc elbows schedule 40? They look like DWV instead.
Anyway…. I’m always impressed with these sort of pool builds. So much involved and so much skill to get it done.
My plumber said he’d only use sched 40. At this point it’s under concrete. I checked some not all. The stuff I checked said schedule 40. Finger’s crossed at this point. I think I can see a 40 on one of the elbows in the pic.

Reactions: JamesR and Newdude
The collars are nice and fat. Once you see the difference in person you'll never miss it again. If I stick my finger on the inside of a DWV fitting, the collar goes to my fingernail. If I do it with Sched40 it's to my knuckle.

These would be my knuckle for sure. Lol.

View attachment 513586
I see the dwv on the pipe now that you mention it.hmm

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here’s another pic. It’s 40…honestly I don’t Think my plumber would cheap out on not using 40 well known trusted plumber. The elbows I can’t tell.

IMG_6251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SO PRETTY!!! Now you get to post in here:

Reactions: Aquagenarian
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.