New Pool Build - Naples, Florida

So we broke ground on October 6 and I finally got to see pics of the work done so far today (1 week later) as my friend who works in the community had been on vacation for the last week and just got back on the ground and snapped a few pics for me. Thought I'd share...

This pic was taken on October 5. All you see is nice grass and preserves in the back but notice the small red flags marking where the sprinklers heads are under ground.

Here is the damage to the side of the house this far. Not too bad.

Here are pics of the dig and form so far from the right side view of the house. Wish I had other angles but have to be happy getting pics in any case sitting in Hong Kong. Killing me not being on the ground measuring to ensure every detail is done correctly.

Couple of pics from different angles. I have a question for you pool builder experts. I showed these pics to a friend and he made a comment about how small the rebar is and he thought the rebar would be thicker and also how the rebar is smooth and not the ones with the grooves. Anyone with experience can give me some comfort that the rebar being used is ok and right sized?

I just talked to my PB. He says the rebar is number 3 size rebar which is industry standard as you need to be able to bend rebar to form the shape of the pool. Number 4 or 5 rebar is used only for footers etc. now this is all a bit of design language to me so if anyone has experience in this. Appreciate your views. Thanks so much. I am all worried now as I don't want a pool with cracks and leaks

Build Your Own Pool | How I Built My Own Swimming Pool | How To Build Your Own Swimming Pool

This link is a neat one. It talks all about the steel. Telling the whys and hows of what is done.

After reading it I say the #3 is what you needed. How big are your "squares"?

I THINK I see spacers. Double check that for me.

I hope this link helps.

Kim

Thanks for the link. Super helpful and gave me some comfort that #3 rebar seems to be standard. I was concerned my PB was skimping on materials. The squares look like 12x12 in most areas with smaller squares in certain areas for extra reinforcement.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now time to bond with your pool by watering it!

Kim

Hi Kim, I see people watering the pools all the time during this stage on the numerous build threads on here but what am I supposed to do sitting half way around the world? Can I presume the pool builder knows this is necessary and has implemented some system to do this? I am sure I am not the first pool build where owner is not on the ground.

What do you think?

Like the shape and position of this

Thanks! It took a lot of going back and forth to get to the final dimensions. I knew I wanted a more modern geometric shaped pool. The reason I positioned the sunshelf with the bubblers and the spa on the left side of the pool was to have an open full length lane of the pool for swimming the open length is 10' wide by 33' long.

Another aspect of the pool shape was the fact that the layout of the pool deck and house provides a big open space to the upper right of the pool this the reason I added another sun deck that is 18" deep and 7'x8'6" big.

The 18 inch deep sun shelf is almost identical in measurements to ours. It's just the right size for two standard loungers side by side and the depth puts the water level right at the seat level of the loungers. We love ours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.