New Pool Build - Naples, Florida

The 18 inch deep sun shelf is almost identical in measurements to ours. It's just the right size for two standard loungers side by side and the depth puts the water level right at the seat level of the loungers. We love ours.

Really? I thought 18" depth would be too deep for loungers but good to hear that it works. My intention was to make it a different depth compared to my other sun deck that is 9" deep. I figured 18" is like a kiddy pool and a nice wading pool for adults to sit and relax.

Well, I just re measured mine and its 18" from the top of the tile, actual water depth is closer to 16". So since mine puts the seat right at the water level, yours should put the seat 2" below.

That is a lot of stone! I like what I can see of the color! When will they start putting it in?

Kim

They told me that the most important thing is to get the travertine on the footer that borders the entire deck. That will be done early next week. This way the screen enclosure guys can come measure and start fabricating the two story screen enclosure that will be installed. Apparently this process takes ~3 weeks so hey wanted this done ASAP so the pool can stay on target timing of completing by mid December when I get there for Xmas holidays. The tile and coping should be done next week as well with the rest of deck completing by end of November. Then basically two weeks to do equipment and pool surface which I picked jewelscape and then have everything done by Dec 15th. Fingers cross everything stays on schedule.

Who will brush your plaster once it is done and filled? Here is a link to show you how TFP does new plaster care. BUT what your PB says trumps this link as he is the one that holds the warranty card!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

I just wanted to give you this as a heads up so you can have a plan.

Kim

Thanks Kim. This was very helpful. I asked my PB about the suggested break in period where no swimming is allowed. He told me that is not the case since I am using jewelscape glass beads I can swim right away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Quick question guys...if I am using jewelscape (all glass beads) for the pool surface, does it need brushing? I keep reading here on various threads that you must brush after the surface is installed. My PB tbasically said hey fill the pool he day after the glass beads are installed and that's it. Am I missing something here?

Here are my thoughts on it..................how are the glass beads held in the pool? Plaster! So............it is the plaster you are brushing to help it cure so....................

You might want to call the manufacture to see what they have to say.

Wait PM onbalance and them! They are our go to person for all things plaster!

Kim

After over two weeks, I was finally able to get someone to go take pictures of the progress on my pool. Two weeks until target completion date that PB promised but seems like a lot to do still.

Next week will be equipment and lights. The following week will be jewelscape glass bead and two story screen enclosure and fill pool.

I think everything has to go perfect to have a chance of completing on time.

I've just read this whole thread and I must say, sorry second PB pulled out. I'd ' f went with the planters cuz I loved them and I love the design.

Are you going to have a pool service come in to care for the pool since you can't be there all the time? It may be what you need just because you aren't there to take care of the pool. Ya know? You can get rid of them when you permanently move in.

Beautiful pool.

I've just read this whole thread and I must say, sorry second PB pulled out. I'd ' f went with the planters cuz I loved them and I love the design.

Are you going to have a pool service come in to care for the pool since you can't be there all the time? It may be what you need just because you aren't there to take care of the pool. Ya know? You can get rid of them when you permanently move in.

Beautiful pool.

Yes the plan is to have pool service maintain the pool before I permanently move in. I am flying to Florida for the holidays and arrive late December 16th. Trust I will be at the house first thing dec 17 morning to check on the pool. I seriously cannot wait. There have been minor delays as originally completion date was dec 18 but honestly I would probably be happy if everything was done before Xmas which buys another week for now. Basically only thing left to do is the screen cage over the pool which takes two days, then jewelscape interior which takes one day and water fill the following day. Does anyone know if I can use heater right away? I've read on other threads where people have said no heater for first 30 days but jewelscape is 100% glass beads. Wondering if I can turn on the heater as I doubt the kids not I will want to go into the pool otherwise.

I will certainly post pics when I am on the ground.

You should talk to your PB about the heater, but I would guess the answer will be no because the glass beads are held together by plaster. But ultimately it's what ever your PB says or call the Jewelscapes people directly to see what they say.

Christmas Eve and the crew was finally installing the pool interior. Still needs acid wash before filling. Hoping to have this done on Saturday and have a pool ready to swim by Monday next week. After they washed off the surface with water a lot of the glass beads were showing. I can't wait until acid wash to see the full glass!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.