New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Oh Wendy! I love it! The shape of the deck is lovely - so graceful. It looks like ya'll will have tons of room.

Your pool is going to be fabulous! I'm betting you will make it for the 4th. It sounds like your PB is doing everything within his power to see that the pool is ready.

Is it harder to wait as you get closer? All your positive energy is going to help you through the next few weeks. Keep it going! Pullin' for ya'. Suz.

Love the sweeping curves of the deck Wendy.
Nice depth for deckchairs &/or tables.
That's gonna be a great entertainment area.
Well done on the design.

Thanks guys! I really love it. I can't wait to see the firepit over by the spa. I think that will just tie it all together.

I had troubles posting pics last night. Here are the rest.

18036498934_3722ed558d_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

18661535071_f768883459_z.jpg

18036587504_80e865589d_z.jpg

With that large deck area close to a large piece of garage wall, you want to be careful on getting a color too close to the garage color.
Since is won't be a perfect match and the eye picks up on those subtle differences.
You would benefit from them being different by design.
Getting a big piece of sample to lay in front of the garage and stand back from in both sun and shade might help you spot "the one"

With that large deck area close to a large piece of garage wall, you want to be careful on getting a color too close to the garage color.
Since is won't be a perfect match and the eye picks up on those subtle differences.
You would benefit from them being different by design.
Getting a big piece of sample to lay in front of the garage and stand back from in both sun and shade might help you spot "the one"

And THAT is why we share pics and ask questions! Someone always has a good idea!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They just came and ran the gas line for the fire-pit and said we are good to go for concrete now. I SURE hope that means soon. I was out talking with the young guy that was doing it and he said he is always glad when he sees our house come up on his list of stuff to do - because we are so nice - he said most people are upset because they are behind on concrete work right now. He hates to go to a house where someone is upset with them. I winked and told him I always found being sweet gets things done much faster than being ugly. He smiled and said yes mam, you are absolutely right. Keeping it positive over here . . .

Is spray deck the same as acrylic decking?
I hate to sound dumb - but I don't really know. I remember them showing me a bunch of different stuff and saying this was a way to keep the concrete cooler, there were some nice colors to choose from and it gave it some texture I liked - AND it didn't add a ton of $ to it. But I didn't pay much more attention . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you guys for all the compliments! I am so excited and so ready for it to be done. This has been a fun and exciting time - but the mud, dirt, dogs not being able to go in and out, is more stressful than I had ever thought. I don't easily get bent out of shape - but it is tiring. My house is a madhouse :)

On a side note - they just came and dropped off my Control Panel for the Pool and said that I am first in line for concrete . . . but still no idea when that will take place. But hey - if I am at a red light - at least I am the FIRST one at the red light!

Thanks guys! Does anyone have spraydeck? I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on colors? I am thinking Harvest Sand or Adobe Bluff? Trying to let the pool, coping and rocks be what you see - not the decking, if that makes sense - but I want it to "go with it" ya know? Opinions? http://www.increte.com/products-and-systems/spray-deck/spray-deck-color-galleries/standard-colors/

My wife and I were discussing this last night while trying to clean our spray decking. I assume this is something similar to what we have, the issue we are having is that the color is a lighter color (I don't know what it is called and don't know if the colors you mentioned are light) and the dirt (clay) stains are hard to scrub off, add in the texturing into the equation and it gets hard. I can't saw we wish we had gone darker because we're not sure it would have looked right but just something to be aware of.

:( Looks like our septic line got crushed when some of the equipment was running over it. Our Aerobic sprinklers are not working. Sigh. I don't know if we should try to fix it this weekend or wait until they finish grading after the pool is done. I don't want to have to fix it again.

Ugh!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.