New Pool build Baytown Tx

I think it turned out amazing!! LOVE the glow tiles you added, great idea! I hope you are able to capture them with your camera.

Those glow tiles can give some amazing effects:

glow%20tiles1-top550x369.jpg

OMG! That is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'm SO glad you made the plaster guys put these in!!! I saw those online, but I wasn't sure how they would show up... That's amazing!!!!

Is that with the pool lights on? It doesn't look like it... I bet you won't find too many stray critters in your pool! If they end up in there, it will be on purpose! HAHA!

:party: That is so awesome!! I wish I was your neighbor! Talk about free Netflix! (I have to tell you, at first glance I thought your dog was spouting into the pool! )

Does the lazy river have jets that push you? I've never seen one in a residential pool.

Would you do anything different?

Dog goes crazy over the laminar jets don't know why but she is crazy trying to bite the water stream when they are on. If I had to do anything different I would have extended the lazy river to at least 50'. We love the lazy river. When we kick on all pumps it's almost too much flow to be a lazy river. It whitecaps when all the pumps are on. Also I wish the island would have been bigger as was in my orginal plan the island was supposed to be 18' x 12' and it turned out more like 8 x 6. The island is really cool and I get alot of compliments by people who have seen the pool. Also I would have added 1 more light in the center on the lazy river for more light at night. I wish I could get a good pic of the pool color itself but none of the pictures do it justice. The pool color is awesome and turned out much better than I anticipated.

Forgot to answer your question. Yes the lazy river has 3 pumps to supply circulation. Two 2 h.p. pumps and one 1.5 h.p. pump. It's more than enough flow and does a good job to keep you in the lazy river loop without having to paddle at all when on a tube.

waterworx said:
Dog goes crazy over the laminar jets don't know why but she is crazy trying to bite the water stream when they are on. If I had to do anything different I would have extended the lazy river to at least 50'. We love the lazy river. When we kick on all pumps it's almost too much flow to be a lazy river. It whitecaps when all the pumps are on. Also I wish the island would have been bigger as was in my orginal plan the island was supposed to be 18' x 12' and it turned out more like 8 x 6. The island is really cool and I get alot of compliments by people who have seen the pool. Also I would have added 1 more light in the center on the lazy river for more light at night. I wish I could get a good pic of the pool color itself but none of the pictures do it justice. The pool color is awesome and turned out much better than I anticipated.

That lazy river must be awesome! Sounds like it's more like the Colorado rapids! You have created a mini-disneyland in your back yard! Sooo cool! Yeah, I saw your original plans... that pirate ship idea was great, but I like your palm tree there. (I bought one like yours, but it's in a pot. I don't know if it would survive the winter in this zone (DFW.) I ended up with yucca trees/plants. Your pool seems to be very well lighted from the pics.. It's worth every penny when you enjoy it!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, what a small world, we are Barrow Ranch neighbors! My wife actually came to your house to drop off some stuff for the neighborhood Halloween party last year.
Good to know you have all the experience, maybe we can get your help when we start ours soon!
Very nice, glad to see somebody with attention to detail, and your right about the PB's around here, if you don't stay on top of them they will screw you... I'm going to do the vast majority of our pool myself since paying someone for a 100k gallon pool is just out of the question.

This is a truly amazing pool! Congrats - it's beautiful! The lazy river is just so cool.

Do you mind sharing your cinema setup? It looks great. Is the projector setup permanent or do you move it out every time you want to use it?

cbink said:
This is a truly amazing pool! Congrats - it's beautiful! The lazy river is just so cool.

Do you mind sharing your cinema setup? It looks great. Is the projector setup permanent or do you move it out every time you want to use it?

Sorry it had been awhile. The projector and receiver is setup each time we use it. I have a bracket mounted to the palapa/tiki hut and the projector mounts to it with one bolt/wing nut setup. I'm afraid to leave them out due to the humidity. As far as the screen it is 9' x 16' and we also take it down when it's not being used. It is secured in place with the bungee cord tie downs to a metal EMT tubing frame that is mounted to the cedar post. We leave emt tubing in place and just remove the bungee cords and fold the screen up for storage. The screen and bungee's was purchased at Carls Place. They have all the dimensions you need to build the frame out of emt tubing. This spring I plan to cut a hole in the side of my garage and install the receiver where it will stay out of the weather and still keep setting up the projector each time. If you have any more questions please let me know.

billsteff said:
I have a quick question about your pool. We were looking at doing something like this, and just curious what the monthly electric runs for a project like this?

During the summer when the kids are out of school my electric bill is alot higher than normal which makes it hard to really see the increase due to the pool. The main pump is a variable speed pump and it is cut back to around 75% speed and runs all day everyday. My normal electric bill during the offseason runs around $120-130/mo and during the summer it goes up to around $220-230/mo. If I were to guess it would be around $100/mo if we run all 5 pumps alot during that month.

waterworx said:
cbink said:

Sorry it had been awhile. The projector and receiver is setup each time we use it. I have a bracket mounted to the palapa/tiki hut and the projector mounts to it with one bolt/wing nut setup. I'm afraid to leave them out due to the humidity. As far as the screen it is 9' x 16' and we also take it down when it's not being used. It is secured in place with the bungee cord tie downs to a metal EMT tubing frame that is mounted to the cedar post. We leave emt tubing in place and just remove the bungee cords and fold the screen up for storage. The screen and bungee's was purchased at Carls Place. They have all the dimensions you need to build the frame out of emt tubing. This spring I plan to cut a hole in the side of my garage and install the receiver where it will stay out of the weather and still keep setting up the projector each time. If you have any more questions please let me know.
Thanks for the response! The quality looks great - it's an awesome setup you have there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.