New Pool build Baytown Tx

It would have been neat to have your pool built on the show... But I understand, I'm not one to wait either. :))

Looking at those pics made me say some bad words! That is some great stuff! I am doing the boring old rectangle so I can auto cover and keep the dirt and kids out. You are are building what my mind was thinking of. Awesome.

J.

Well we finally decided on tile, coping and diamond brite colors. I hope it turns out nice. We went to the tile store and checked them out in person. We decided to do something different and go with the "VERDE" color (green) Diamond Brite with Noble "Traquair Green" tile and Tumbled Noche coping. The PB will be here tomorrow to measure the grotto he is trying to see if he can find a single rock to cover the width of the grotto for the jumping/waterfall rock instead of using 2 different rocks. I hope he can find one. I decided to go with the small (5-6') palm tree on the island with white stamped concrete to make it look like a white sand island that will be connected with the 10' Bamboo bridge. I have 2 Pentair laminar water jet with LED's being delivered tomorrow that will also go on the island. We also purchased the "Shark in your face" mosaic to mount to the side wall of the island facing the grotto and spa. I have the palapa guy coming out Sunday to look at setting the poles before the plumbing and stamped decking is put in so it will all match. I told my PB to go back with the cartridge filter since I added the laminar jets because thats what they recommend for using the laminars. When they reroute the gas line he is going to instal a "T" so I can add a gas log fire pit in the "L" of the Palapa. I just hope it all turns out like I'm thinking. Won't be too long now. PB said my equipment should be here next Wed.

LOVE the colors you picked!! It's going to be awesome.. like bpricedo already said. Can't wait to watch the progress.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
imrodee said:
:wave: How's it going?

Started coping and tile today. The guys doing the work said they should be finished by Sat afternoon. PB still working with 2 people to get the rocks for the grotto. PB still having a problem finding 1 rock (jumping/waterfall rock) to cover the span of the grotto but he is still checking on it. Palapa crew should be out Fri to set the poles.

Tile guys have been working for the past 4 days on the pool. They will be back Monday to finish all the tile. Tuesday they deliver the 1st load of rocks for the grotto and will deliver the big flat rock (9' x 6.5') for the roof of the grotto. The palapa poles are also supposed to be set Tuesday. It's going slow but were going to get there.

001.jpg

0062.jpg

0052.jpg

0042.jpg

0032.jpg

0022.jpg

VERY nice!!! I really like your stone work. It goes fast once they get going on it! That bridge really sets it off. You have some great ideas there! :goodjob:

What kind of palm is that? Have you ever tried to grow one before?

imrodee said:
VERY nice!!! I really like your stone work. It goes fast once they get going on it! That bridge really sets it off. You have some great ideas there! :goodjob:

Pygmy Dwarf Palm. Max height is 10-12'. This is my 1st attempt at growing palms. We are going to buy more when the pool is complete. Supposed to be good down to 20'F.

waterworx said:
imrodee said:

Pygmy Dwarf Palm. Max height is 10-12'. This is my 1st attempt at growing palms. We are going to buy more when the pool is complete. Supposed to be good down to 20'F.

Pygmy Dwarf palm also know as a pygmy date will burn when the temp drops past freezing. I have 5 of them and have to cover them each time it freezes. They are awesome palms and look great, but they are definitely not cold hardy. There are palms that are good down into the teens such as Pindo, Date palms, Sylvester date and others. I have a Sylvester date, Queen Palms (cold hardy into the upper 20's), Pygmy Date Palms, and some of the others that are cold hardy but can't remember their names right now.

Beautiful build!! Can't wait to see more pictures. I'm a fan, of course, of your tile and coping - those neutral colors look so good with landscaping, palms and blue water. I can imagine swimming aroumd the lazy river part already. :whoot:

Grotto pics. Still have to put the larger rocks on top. This has taken much longer than I ever expected. Rock guys do good work but they are slooow. They are going on 3 weeks since they started my tile/rock work.

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.