New O/B Las Vegas needs help lol

Brand I SO understand where you are coming from..............I HATE asking anyone for help! Most times I can find a way to do it myself. I just have to be very creative in using this tool to do that. My husband just shakes his head when he finds out what I have done and how. With my having the summers off I do a lot of "honey do" stuff that will get done one way or another.

Got to love a good knee brace. Is it an immobilizer? We have one of those LOL.

Just make sure to sneak the pain pills when your wife is not looking so she cannot say "I told you so" with those Mom eyes.

Kim (you better make sure to tell your wife I told you to NOT do it! LOL I do NOT want her mad at me!)

Friends just left we had a few beers but work was done lol. It is a hinged knee brace. Have 2 like that and have couple straight braces then have 2 braces that they molded my leg to make. Seems like after every surgery the custom ones don't fit right anymore. I just use that one I had on when working. Her mom had surgery so has been gone since yesterday. Came home today to get cloths and go back and caught me. She just shakes her head. She don't get mad at me often but when comes to leg that's where she draws the line. I understand but just want this pool done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to love good friends, and the power of cold beer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think it is going to be over kill but have 12-14 friends coming to wheel barrel and hired two friends to do the finishing. They all have construction background so most have poured before so should be easy. Fingers crossed lol. Finishers will be here all day so have to pay them something or wouldn't be right.

Wheel barrels get heavy fast and your leg does not need all of that "work" so let your friends take care of that while you work the grill and cooler!

Nice of you to pay the finishers! Making sure to do things right even if they are friends. I can see you having to "sneak" the money into their trucks to get them to take it though! Been there , done that!

Kim

Always something. Went out to put skimmer and auto feed lids on and for some reason they are all to short. By like inch and half. So off to pool store they sell adapters. Well adapters are to tall. Had to get the tools out and fab them up. Cut and grounded them down for the skimmers an made work. The auto fill doesn't have an adapter. So found a different brand collar that was close and cut and fab it to make it work. Got most of the umbrella sleeves put in. Now to make a fence blocking backyard off to keep dogs out. Man this thing is getting to be more work then bargained for.

I KNOW! Nothing worth while is never easy! BUT think of it like this..............most people would not have the tools or skills to do the fixing you did so..........be glad you have the skills and tools because think how much it would cost otherwise!

Now you KNOW we want to SEE your fixes!

Kim

I KNOW! Nothing worth while is never easy! BUT think of it like this..............most people would not have the tools or skills to do the fixing you did so..........be glad you have the skills and tools because think how much it would cost otherwise!

Now you KNOW we want to SEE your fixes!

Kim

Very true thanks for reminding me to stop whining. Fortunate to be able to get a pool. Picking up few more things. Had some beer already at home but better make sure over stocked lol
47728618c338db857e21686c1184386d.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And beer! LOL The rootbeer is mine though! YUMMM

Brand I did not see what you said as whining but as "Look what I can and did do". (we still needs pics of the fixes) I just am a glass half full kind of person and wanted you to think along those lines as well.

I am the wife and tend to bring the same thing home for supper! LOL

Kim

Not sure why skimmer is designed this way. Maybe for different pool. This was basically what mine looks like. If you notice where the cap goes that should be close to 3-1/2 inches above skimmer to work for concrete deck. It is actually only like 1-1/2 so way to short. I bough the adapter ring which made it 1-1/2 to hi. So had to cut ring to make it where it would work. If that makes sense.
17c3a4d980549deb0cd5f40944cf7c22.jpg
203c83819c8fe4c05a0142adea3170b9.jpg
6c6224a30a624613a394e2246caef4b5.jpg
2b6b7376f118ecf8a2d84d0d018120dc.jpg
1364f3ffa3f2fc7cdea4313a202e4618.jpg

I buy rotisserie chicken a lot from Walmart. Good stuff! Kim has to share the root beer with me!

I'm glad your friends are coming... Rest you leg when you can :)

I'm a glass 1/2 full person, too but I understand your frustration. Had that been my problem with the skimmers, I'd be up a creek...and out more money to pay to get the situation remedied. Your skills are a blessing!

Your skimmers look like mine!

It is also ok if there is a gap between the top extension ring where the cover sits and the top of the skimmer itself. The concrete deck sort of acts like an extension sleeve. Not a super clean look but also no worries. Ours is like that.

But your work looks nice.

It is also ok if there is a gap between the top extension ring where the cover sits and the top of the skimmer itself. The concrete deck sort of acts like an extension sleeve. Not a super clean look but also no worries. Ours is like that.

But your work looks nice.

Thanks. Ya don't have a lot of experience at what I was supposed to look like. 1-1/2 was a big gap. I tried to duct tape it at first but wasn't working

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.