New IG Pool Build - Buckeye (Phoenix) AZ - Excited and Impatient!

Thanks Kim. I am getting ready to order the pool test kit, I will be converting to a salt pool after the Ultra Poz cures for 30 days, so which test kit is best for me to get, the TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006? I noticed the Taylor kit has the Base and Acid demand test, which is not available in the TF-100 kit. Are those tests I need to do with a salt pool? If so, would you suggest the Taylor kit?

By the way, I will be having a meeting on Friday with the owner and project manager to discuss the issues. They promised me they would finish the interior tomorrow, so fingers crossed on that! I am beginning to think I will just have a big, empty, concrete hole in my backyard forever! LOL

Just a quick question......I think I found a great deal on Amazon, it is for the Taylor K-2005 test kit and is for a case of 6 test kits for only $50.91! I think that is an incredible deal, am I right? That makes each kit less than $8.50 each. I know it doesn't contain the FAS/DPD test but for the price, I can add that test on. Am I right in buying this because it is a great deal or is $8.50 per kit an ordinary price? Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-K-2005...&qid=1462304365&sr=8-7&keywords=taylor+k-2005

Edit: I just answered my own question and went back and bought 6 more of these, I will resell them on Ebay! LOL. I can easily get $40 a piece for them, that is a great profit. If I knew for a fact that they are not going to only send me one test kit and end up having to retract the orders, I would buy every one they have left and sell them all for a profit. I hope they don't just send me one kit, the ad says case of 6, so if I don't get a case of 6, they are going right back! LOL

Unreal if it is real! Look at what they say the savings are! I wonder where they are coming from AND how old they are.

Let us know what you find out.

Kim:cat:

I had this happen once before and it was for dog treats. The normal price was about $5 a bag and the ad listed it for a case of 12 bags for $5. I ordered 25 cases, which was all they had in stock, and they shipped me 25 CASES of dog treats, 300 bags total, for $125. They ended up costing me about 42 cents a bag and I resold the cases on Amazon for $50 per case, which was a $10 savings for the customer and I made over $1,000 in profit after I paid for shipping and listing fees! If for some reason they only send me 1 test kit for each one I ordered, instead of a case of 6 for each one I ordered, I have the right to return them at the expense of the seller for a full refund.

As far as the age of the product, sellers are required to only offer current product, otherwise they must disclose the item is expired or soon to expire, so hopefully it will be new and current product because there was nothing in the listing about it being old product, plus, there were 2 other sellers that are offering the same product for $252, and $308. It is definitely either a typo or they are just crazy. LOL

Oh, and the seller has over 100k ratings just in the past 12 months, so they are a huge seller and very legit.

Wow your yard is looking great! I hope your PB fixes the steps and turn around area for you quick. They should not have made them that way after you repeatedly reminded the designer what you needed.

You are finding great prices: umbrellas, pool tables, and testing kits oh my!

Just a quick question......I think I found a great deal on Amazon, it is for the Taylor K-2005 test kit and is for a case of 6 test kits for only $50.91! I think that is an incredible deal, am I right? That makes each kit less than $8.50 each. I know it doesn't contain the FAS/DPD test but for the price, I can add that test on. Am I right in buying this because it is a great deal or is $8.50 per kit an ordinary price? Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-K-2005...&qid=1462304365&sr=8-7&keywords=taylor+k-2005

Edit: I just answered my own question and went back and bought 6 more of these, I will resell them on Ebay! LOL. I can easily get $40 a piece for them, that is a great profit. If I knew for a fact that they are not going to only send me one test kit and end up having to retract the orders, I would buy every one they have left and sell them all for a profit. I hope they don't just send me one kit, the ad says case of 6, so if I don't get a case of 6, they are going right back! LOL

You must have gotten a great deal...price is up to $250 today! I wonder if they will actually ship these to you?

You must have gotten a great deal...price is up to $250 today! I wonder if they will actually ship these to you?

I hope so, lol, because I bought them all! They had 14 available and as the day progressed, I kept going back and adding one or two at a time until they were all gone. Once I added the last one available from that seller, the next available seller had theirs priced at $252. I bought a total of 11, the other 3 were purchased by other buyers. I keep checking my orders area of my account and it says preparing for shipment, hopefully they will ship and hopefully each one will be a case of 6, not just a single test kit. I didn't even want this kit, I wanted the K-2006, but I figured for the price I can resell them and make some good money. I plan to resell them for $40 each, include free shipping, and make about $30 profit off each kit, after I pay all the fees, shipping, etc. That is $30 X 66 units = $1,980 minus the initial $560.01 I spent to buy all the kits, so I will clear about $1420. Not bad. :) I am thinking it is a big wholesaler that got the product for close to nothing and is just trying to clear it out. They probably don't know the value of what they have, which is great for me. LOL.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have to say, my pool company has outdone themselves! They truly exhibited the ultimate in excellent customer service today! I have been waiting for my interior to be completed for almost 2 weeks now and I was not very happy about it, plus I had a couple other minor issues. Well, today the owner apologized and upgraded us to a pebble sheen interior, Blue Surf, at no additional charge, for the problems we have experienced. This is just incredible! We are talking about a several thousand dollar upgrade. I am suddenly and instantly excited again and can't wait until tomorrow until they come out to do the interior and from what I understand, wind doesn't matter with pebble sheen, it will be done tomorrow. I am literally in tears! :) Here is the Pebble Sheen Blue Surf:

PS_BlueSurf_72dpi_552x560.png

12321583_756080117825303_4518082351811506523_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Diva, your build is coming along beautifully!!! How exciting about the Blue Surf upgrade for free!! Yay!!

I love when I hear about making money on bargains! I'm never the one to be able to do it but I think it's great when others can.
Blessings!

I have PebbleSheen Blue Surf and love it! I don't find it rough at all. See if they will throw in some abalone shells, too, at least on the steps and shallow areas. Gives it great sparkle.

Yes, it is so exciting. It is not even 5 a.m. and I am wide awake, waiting for them to come and start the pebble sheen! I will ask them when they get here about the abalone shells, I wonder if that is something they will have with them?

Diva, your build is coming along beautifully!!! How exciting about the Blue Surf upgrade for free!! Yay!!

I love when I hear about making money on bargains! I'm never the one to be able to do it but I think it's great when others can.
Blessings!

Thanks, the money making didn't quite turn out like I had planned. I got am email from the seller explaining it was an error and I told them to just cancel all the orders. I don't want a company to lose out due to an error, that would not be fair. If they were legitimately selling the kits for that price, I would love to have made some profit off of it but not if it means the company is going to take a huge loss. Karma, you know? LOL. So, looks like I will be ordering the TF-100 kit as originally planned. :)

Diva! We call that blue SMURF! Look at Marla's pretty pool to see why! SO pretty! A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

Kim:cat:

I just finished reading the whole looooooong thread, lol. Love the smurf! The funny thing is, I kept calling it blue smurf on accident. She has a beautiful pool! I hope mine is pretty like that. It will be a full 6-8 weeks after the water is in before my yard is complete because we still have additional concrete being poured on Friday, then we are having acrylic flagstone in 3 weeks from Fri., after the concrete has had a chance to cure a bit, then will be having landscape rock spread around the perimeter and a fire pit built. I think it will be nice when it is finished.

Update on the K-2005 kits.............I got an email from the seller explaining it was an error on thier part and they would be losing a huge amount of money if they had to fulfill the orders I placed, so I told them to just cancel all the orders. I don't want a company to lose out due to an error, that would not be fair. If they were legitimately selling the kits for that price, I would love to have made some profit off of it but not if it means the company is going to take a huge loss. I know how karma works and I prefer to stay on the right side of it, LOL.

I have a couple of questions.............

1. If I use a hose from the back of the house and a hose from the front of the house, will the pool fill up twice as fast?

2. Do I still need to wait 30 days before switching to the salt system or is pebble sheen different?

I wanted to share my idea for adding 3 fire bowls to the pool area, without breaking the bank, we are talking make-shift, on the edge of ghetto-fabulous! LOL. The whole project will cost me less than $50 per bowl!

I bought three 18' X 7" concrete bowls from Lowe's for $20 each, 3 huge bags of lava rock for $5 a bag, 25 pounds of fire glass for $50 and a case of 24 3-hour burn time gel fuel containers for $25. I am going to fill the bowls about 80% full with lava rock, then cover the other 20% on top with cobalt blue fire glass. Then I will be placing gel fuel containers in the middle of each one, the containers burn for about 3 hours, then just toss the used gel fuel container out and put new ones in when we want fire again. I will only use the fire for guests, or parties, etc. so I don't want the expense of hooking up propane, etc. Here are photos of the materials, I will show what it looks like once it is fully assembled but need to wait until after the acrylic flagstone is done first because once complete, they will be too heavy to move easily. We night end up painting the bowls, depending on how they look after everything is done. We might also paint them with solar powered glow in the dark paint also. Not sure yet.

Bowls

766063727062lg.jpg

Lava Rock
0074986450457_A

Fire Glass

0074986450365_A

Gel Fuel

0007664204008_A

They're here.......I actually sang those words, kinda dragged out the word here......lol! So very excited that we are sooooo close to actually having this done! From what I am told, the water doesn't go in until tomorrow, after they come back to do an acid wash. Is that the case? Anyone know? Also, I have concrete being poured tomorrow and would almost rather wait to start filling with water until the concrete is finished, just in case something gets knocked in the pool, do we have to start the water right away, after the acid wash, or can we wait a while to fill the pool? With the Ultra Poz, you have to fill it right away but looks like that is not the case for Pebble Sheen, since they come back the next day to do the acid wash.

Here are pics of them hard at work:

pebblesheen1.jpg

pebblesheen3.jpg

Attachments

• pebblesheen3.jpg
    pebblesheen3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 102
Have a Smurfy Day! The most important aspect is to fill it continuously once you start the fill, to avoid water line rings forming when the water sits at one level for any period of time. Personally, I'd like to get water in it sooner (as soon as possible) rather than later, to reduce the likelihood of cracking or collateral damage. However, in looking through the PTI installation documents, they don't specifically reference getting water in ASAP after the acid wash (though it may be assumed perhaps).

Honestly, the PT finish will be protected better having water in the pool. If concrete gets plunked in the water, that's not great (but not a big deal). If it gets on the dry new finish directly, who knows how they will try to get it off. Probably with a steel shovel! (shudder)

Yes, the same for a vac with all plaster type finishes. The reason is to allow the finish to obtain full hardness while not having to be subjected to spinning wheels, parts, etc. The cleaner could get stuck and spin continuously in one place. If you were referring to a manual vacuum, it's the same concept. Less pressure/stress put on the finish while curing the better.

Have a Smurfy Day! The most important aspect is to fill it continuously once you start the fill, to avoid water line rings forming when the water sits at one level for any period of time. Personally, I'd like to get water in it sooner (as soon as possible) rather than later, to reduce the likelihood of cracking or collateral damage. However, in looking through the PTI installation documents, they don't specifically reference getting water in ASAP after the acid wash (though it may be assumed perhaps).

Honestly, the PT finish will be protected better having water in the pool. If concrete gets plunked in the water, that's not great (but not a big deal). If it gets on the dry new finish directly, who knows how they will try to get it off. Probably with a steel shovel! (shudder)

Yes, the same for a vac with all plaster type finishes. The reason is to allow the finish to obtain full hardness while not having to be subjected to spinning wheels, parts, etc. The cleaner could get stuck and spin continuously in one place. If you were referring to a manual vacuum, it's the same concept. Less pressure/stress put on the finish while curing the better.

Thanks for the info! Would you happen to know if we can start up the salt system right away or should we wait 30 days for that?

I just called and rescheduled my additional concrete for next week because I don't want to take any chances. I know they guy said they will cover it, nothing to worry about, blah, blah, blah, but I would rather be safe than sorry....you know, an ounce of prevention.....

Gosh, I am getting so excited! The pb just called and they have the acid wash scheduled for first thing, like 6 a.m., so start up crew will be here in the afternoon to get everything rolling for us. We should be starting to fill it by 8 a.m. at the latest, that means with 2 hoses and only 10k gallons, we should be close to full by afternoon. Just typing this out makes my heart flutter, lol.

I won't have the solar heater installed until next week sometime and that concerns me because it is only going to be about 90-95 the next few days, still too cold to swim and I am thinking the water will be too cold to get into right away. We will have to see. Most of the time we only swim once it is north of 100 degrees, otherwise it is too cold. :) I never thought I would think that way when I lived in Ohio and was happy to swim when it was 80, but my blood has thinned over the past 11 years and at 80, I have on a sweater now. LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.