New IG Pool Build - Buckeye (Phoenix) AZ - Excited and Impatient!

I need some help please..........they came to startup the pool yesterday and said we were good on chemicals for a week, however, when I just tested the water myself and my results say the water balance is not even close to correct. These were my results:\

Total Hardness: 500
Total Chlorine: 0
Free Chlorine: 0.5
Ph: 7.2
Total Alkalinity: 0
CYA: 0

I am clueless on this and have a pool service starting on Tuesday. What should I do, if anything, in the meantime? Will it be okay while I wait for them to come or should I high-tail it out there with a bottle of Clorox?

Your PB is the one holding the warranty card. Talk to him and see what he says. Tell him you have a great test kit and know a little about water balance.

Does he know you have a pool service starting Tuesday?

Did they put CYA in? I would ask what they put in when you talk to him.

Our hands are tied. We know what it needs BUT do NOT want to say anything that might void the warranty.

Let us know what he says. We have had quite a few, when they saw the test kit and the PO use it, that let the PO do what needed to be done to the pool BUT the PO got it in writing they were "allowed" to cover the warranty.

:hug:

Kim:cat:

If he put the CYA in the skimmer it is sitting in there dissolving. If he dumped it into the pool it could be sitting on the bottom of the pool dissolving. Can you ask him how he added the CYA?

The chlorine tabs should add some CYA and FC. They can also push your PH down also which may be a good thing with new plaster.

Who is brushing your pool daily?

Kim:cat:

Today I had the Hayward salt water automation system with Aqua Connect installed. The guy who put the system in is also the owner of the weekly pool service I am hiring to do my chemicals. He said there was zero chlorine in our pool and he cannot see how the startup crew put anything in the water at all. The pH was way off, the CYA was non-existent and basically it was a hot mess. He balanced the chemicals by adding liquid chlorine, muratic acid and some other stuff but I am not sure exactly what he put in. He said we should wait until next week to start the salt system because the chemicals need to be controlled and balanced first. He also said our current salt level from our tap water is 1800 ppm! I knew it was bad, we cannot drink the tap water and even with a filter, it still tastes super salty. He gave me the first month free and said they will come twice a week for the first two weeks, just to get things under control.

I thought I would add a photo to show the current color of the water, now that it has cleared up a bit. Tomorrow the additional concrete is being poured and the solar water heating system is being installed. I can't wait until I get the acrylic lace and flagstone done in a few weeks, it will really make things look great.

Oh, and the HOA agreed to remove the big tree in the background that is hanging over the pool. I told them it is dropping tons of little leaves in my pool and being handicap, it is making it very difficult for me to keep the pool clean so they said they will have it removed. I think that is great because most HOA's would not even care.

14.jpg

Beautiful pool, diva :) I love the color. I still cannot believe you had your entire pool completed before mine even started digging, and I'm pretty sure we both signed at similar times :confused: At least I finally got confirmation that they're going to do the layout for me this week. Congrats again!

Diva, please check about the salt. The info I received was to wait 28 days before adding salt. And because your fill water is already super salty, I don't think I'd add any more until after. Also, it might void your warranty with PebbleTec. Something you might want to check.

Diva, did you see Caribbean posted your review? I'm surprised you left them such a glowing recommendation based on the issues you had.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with Caribbean Pools, they went above and beyond when they upgraded me for free, from a plaster finish to a Pebble Sheen finish, which would have cost me thousands of dollars. The delay was weather related, and although I was very impatient and agitated about the whole ordeal, it was something that was beyond their control. They could have just apologized and said it was the weather, which it was, but when they upgraded us for free, just so we would be satisfied, to me, that was a sign of a company that really cares about their customer's satisfaction. In reality, even with the delay for the interior, they still completed my pool in less than 6 weeks from the time they started, and that, in and of itself, is impressive. Any issues that arose, were immediately handled. Issues and problems are bound to happen, it is how the company handles them that sets them apart from their competitor. The other 2 issues I had were the size of the landings were off by 6 inches, but come to find out, the front is exactly the same width, the difference is in the back and it is normal for it to be that way with the design and curve of the concrete. Also, they expanded the concrete in the area for my wheelchair, so they took care of all the issues that I had and that is all that mattered to me. I think I just got spoiled to the fact that everything had went so smoothly from the beginning, that when a couple of issues came up, it was overwhelming for me. I gave them an excellent review because they proved to be an exemplary company in every way. I still have my opinions about me sales guy, but he apologized for his short responses and that was another thing, he said he gets really busy and did not mean to be rude, he apologized and I accepted. :) At the end of the day, I have a gorgeous pool and they perfected everything and even upgraded me to an interior finish that would have cost me thousands of dollars, at no extra charge, just to make sure I was a happy customer. Well, it worked, because I am very happy. :)

Beautiful pool, diva :) I love the color. I still cannot believe you had your entire pool completed before mine even started digging, and I'm pretty sure we both signed at similar times :confused: At least I finally got confirmation that they're going to do the layout for me this week. Congrats again!

Yes, even with the small complaints I had, I have to sit back and realize that they did a really fast build for me, in the time many people are waiting to get excavated, they completed my entire build. I am very pleased. Did you get started yet?

Diva, please check about the salt. The info I received was to wait 28 days before adding salt. And because your fill water is already super salty, I don't think I'd add any more until after. Also, it might void your warranty with PebbleTec. Something you might want to check.

We are waiting the 28 days, which will be late this coming week. The system is installed, just needs the salt added to start working.

UPDATE:

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted, I have had so much going on this past few weeks. So, update.......the automation and salt water system are in and in 5 days we will be starting the salt water cell generator but wanted to wait the 28 days as recommended by the Pebble Sheen people.

Today the company I hired, did the simulated flagstone on my decking and I am so pleased with the quality, especially since they were less than half the price of all the other quotes I received. I paid $2.50 per s.f. for acrylic flagstone, which is unbelievable because most companies charge well over $5 per s.f. They do lace for $1.65 per s.f. but we figured for a little more we could have the flagstone look and went for it.

The photos I am posting are of the 1st stage of the acrylic when they cut out the shape of the flagstones, but before they put on the colors. I wanted large flagstones and they gave me what I wanted. I am thinking maybe I should have requested smaller but I still like it. I can already tell it is going to be gorgeous. They are doing the color and sealer right now but are not finished. I did a sneak peak photo of the wet sealer, I am told it will dry darker tomorrow. Here are some photos of the progress.

acrylic3.jpg

acrylic5.jpg

acrylic6.jpg

acrylic7.jpg

acrylic8.jpg

This is the sneak peek with the color and wet sealer. I will post more tomorrow of the completed look! I think it will look fantastic!

acrylic9.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.