New Build - Rectangular - Phoenix, AZ

haha so funny about the TF-100. I bet that he was probably a bit shocked. There are a ton of people that don't know any better about CYA. My neighbor I would love to sneak in his back yard and get a sample of his pool water to test. He runs pucks and whenever there is rain he shocks it just for the heck of it. I have never seen it not clear though so who knows?

haha so funny about the TF-100. I bet that he was probably a bit shocked. There are a ton of people that don't know any better about CYA. My neighbor I would love to sneak in his back yard and get a sample of his pool water to test. He runs pucks and whenever there is rain he shocks it just for the heck of it. I have never seen it not clear though so who knows?

Why don't you suggest the TFP method for your neighbor? I have managed to convince a neighbor to switch to TFP. He is waiting for me to stabilize my pool first..
The pool is now filled (after draining it last evening). CYA is around 50 (whew!) .. I have to add bleach, acid, salt, etc.... and stabilize it.

The PB still has to hook up my Stenner pump (for acid), the Sense & Dispense for pH control, startup the ultra UV, etc.. etc.

I made a convert, not by brow beating them or even suggesting they change.
They came over thinking that they were an old hand at this looking after a pool caper. They were going to give me a few pointers on taking care of my new pool.
I showed them the water in my pool and their jaw dropped saying "I want that. How much does it cost to get water like that?"
I said "Easily done and cheaper than whatever you do now."
He says "How could that be? Prove it to me."
I showed him my running costs and what I do and use and that was the end of it.
I thanked him for coming over to share his knowledge with a noob like me.

Why don't you suggest the TFP method for your neighbor? I have managed to convince a neighbor to switch to TFP. He is waiting for me to stabilize my pool first..
The pool is now filled (after draining it last evening). CYA is around 50 (whew!) .. I have to add bleach, acid, salt, etc.... and stabilize it.

The PB still has to hook up my Stenner pump (for acid), the Sense & Dispense for pH control, startup the ultra UV, etc.. etc.

I don't plan on recommending anything right now. Frankly this is his second pool and for a puck/shock person his pool is the best I have seen. I was asking him a bunch of questions and he was kind enough to answer before I found TFP. Personally I am going to wait until my pool is up and running for awhile before I recommend anything because I don't think he would really take me seriously. He is a super nice guy and we get along but I am just going to go with the flow for now.

I made a convert, not by brow beating them or even suggesting they change.
They came over thinking that they were an old hand at this looking after a pool caper. They were going to give me a few pointers on taking care of my new pool.
I showed them the water in my pool and their jaw dropped saying "I want that. How much does it cost to get water like that?"
I said "Easily done and cheaper than whatever you do now."
He says "How could that be? Prove it to me."
I showed him my running costs and what I do and use and that was the end of it.
I thanked him for coming over to share his knowledge with a noob like me.

Yeah his pool does look great though. I don't know if he'll ever ask because he knows I went with a salt system and his is the typical PB puck/ozone/nature2 system.

New pics here - Water balanced for 3 days after drain/fill.

cg8IkpC.jpg

The Deep End (note: This is after a dust storm came by last evening - you can see the dust at the bottom - the in-floors have since cleaned it)

VtCui9A.jpg

Sun / Shade on the Baja bench 12.5 inches depth

sVdB3OK.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, frankly, its a relief that I am managing the chemistry. Cant imagine the plight of the pool owners who are being duped by these so-called pool "maintenance" companies!
TFP is really easy to master and once the water is balance, it is quite easy to maintain...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.