New Build Largo, Florida

The deck looks great!!! I love the blended colors of the deck pavers - very nice! And I love the back of your house. Those windows are wonderful!!!! You're going to love the views out to your gorgeous pool and area. Maybe you're already loving it!

Take care,
Suz.

What a wonderful space you created!!! I love it - so cool and restful looking! And the cat is the icing on the cake!!!

I love it all.... the furniture, rug, and floor deck are perfect together! Now, for the view of the completed pool! Man, oh, man!!!

This is exciting!
Suz.

Is the kitty happy with HER new room?? LOL

LOVE the work that has been done so far!

Is there any for you or someone to be there when they come to do the plaster? Just to check the color BEFORE they put it on. There has been a couple builds where they had the one color. One was put on and had to be chipped back off! The other was caught before it got off the truck.

Kim

Surely they can see there is rain in the forecast right? The pool will be empty till tomorrow after the acid wash! I feel like 'of course I'm the last pool on today's schedule', my luck! It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow ��

Sure they can see it is going to rain............It would be best for you to call your PB and ask him what HE thinks. IF it rains today it really does not matter as it has not been acid washed yet (I forgot about that part). It is tomorrow after the acid wash that it will really matter.

Rain can cause major streaking depending on how hard it rains.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So what ended up happening? We are getting LOTS of rain here and some wind activities as well.

Hope all is well there.

Kim

Yesterday they arrived 1.5 hours late, with half a crew. The rain had fallen off the radar so they started the sun shelf since it's a different color. So they didn't start till 2:30 as you know the sun is setting shortly after 5??? They started packing it in and my DH asked "so you'll be back first thing in the am", and Pebble guy said "No, probably not till afternoon" Why? We work the furthest away jobs first. Ok, well you already started this job??? Well that's just how it is! So I quickly contacted my PB and he appologized of course. But it is now 9:30am and they are here so some complaining must have worked. Some reasons I am not that impressed with the Pebble Tec crew: #1 They were only here a couple of hours and left cups and cans and trash all over my yard. #2 They hooked up there hose to the spicket inside my screened in porch, not tight which then leaked all over my new rugs and washed the sand out of alot of the pavers in there. #3 left my screened porch doors open when they left #4 and most of all, he had dumped a bag of my shimmering sea on the edge of the coping I guess so they could just grab it from there and throw it in the pool, well when they left I saw him go to the pile and put some of it back in the bag, but not all of it. Considering it could have rained or just blown it everywhere, I considered it my money they just threw away and I went out scooped it all up into a plastic bag and left it out there for him this morning. So yea, not that impressed with the PT guys so far! They also act very unprofessional, just my opinion. :mad:

Oh, did I mention the palm tree for the pool planter is enroute and since the Pebbel guys were not supposed to be here and now they are, no way for the delivery guy to get the tree in the backyard. He will be dropping it in the driveway and I guess we will have to figure out how to get it back here...grrrrr!!!!!

Oh, did I mention the palm tree for the pool planter is enroute and since the Pebbel guys were not supposed to be here and now they are, no way for the delivery guy to get the tree in the backyard. He will be dropping it in the driveway and I guess we will have to figure out how to get it back here...grrrrr!!!!!

I just hate when a plan doesn't work out due to others! But in the end, all will be fine, I'm sure.

Last edited:
OH adult word NO!

VERY unprofessional! AND to just throw/put/waste YOUR pretties like that????? NO way!

I would write up an email or text to your PB outlining what you just told us. I would also ask him how HE was going to take care of your new rug that got wet!!!

You want it in writing for the future!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

OH and ask the PB how HE is going to get your tree back there since it is HIS fault due to poor communication it was not able to be put where it belonged!

You might also want to complain to PebbleTec. I would hope they'd want to know about any crews that weren't up to their standards.

Make sure you take pics of the pool filling after the acid wash! Can't wait to see it!

How big is the palm? Can you get some of those small furniture mover dollies and get it up on that to move it? How were the delivery people going to move it to the back?

Well I'm not taking a picture of my green swamp yet...Update: Pebble Sheen is done and it's filled problem, when the start up guy came to start the pool on Saturday my pump (the one that filters the pool) kept tripping the breaker. The pump that runs the water features started and ran fine. So here we sit with green water day 3 waiting for the electricians to show up and fix the problem, whatever it may be. :uhh:

*UPDATE* Apparently the Jimmie Joe Bob electricians my PB uses wired my pump up for a single speed even though its a 2 speed, fried all my relays!!! He said he'll have to put in for a service call; I thought that's what he was??? Anyway he has it running on high and turning on and off at the breaker, so we can get some start up going on. SMH

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.