New Build Largo, Florida

paver1.jpg
paver2.jpgpaver3.jpg
paver4.jpg
*UPDATE this morning at about 7am, the pavers were delivered! I think the plan is to start the tile and coping today (but it's not here yet?), and then start the pavers on Thursday. I was told last Friday we would be swimming in 2 weeks, I just can't believe it by the look of my yard right now. 14 pallets of pavers look like alot, they are Flagstone Heritage pattern in cream/charcoal/tan, I think they are on the pallets upside down so I can't really tell what they look like yet.

...by the way I wont be doing the tile around the edge of the sunshelf. Apparently my tile is pretty slick, it would be very slippery. The Pebble Tec guys said instead they run the Desert sand over the edge a few inches into a metal rail (it is removed after the spray). That way it is a smooth transition and will probably not even be noticed unless in the pool.

...by the way I wont be doing the tile around the edge of the sunshelf. Apparently my tile is pretty slick, it would be very slippery. The Pebble Tec guys said instead they run the Desert sand over the edge a few inches into a metal rail (it is removed after the spray). That way it is a smooth transition and will probably not even be noticed unless in the pool.

That's awesome! Sounds like they are well experienced in doing the two colors. That would be a big relief in my mind!

It goes really fast after the pavers are installed. Our pavers were finished week before last. And the finish was none within a week after. We just finished our pool Wedesday. The pool took a long time to fill. My PB used a media tank to filter the water. It takes a little longer to fill, but my water was never green. It's getting close! Than you can sit back an enjoy. I've been having my morning coffee out by the pool every morning. Congrats! It's a Beautiful design. Can't wait to see it finished.

Kim I swear I'm just so over this pool, and did I mention my brother in law whom is installing my tile floors inside is on week 4! Supposedly he will be done tomorrow, I just feel like nothing is getting done and whenever there is a 'plan' it doesn't pan out. PB told me this past Friday we'll be swimming in 2 weeks, well almost a week has gone by and it looks the same to me???

HUGS! And a "there, there" with a shoulder pat thrown in............I SO understand what you are saying! Hurry up and wait???
NOT fun!!!

Work and delays inside and out :( What were you thinking??? LOL Do it and get it all done and over with some day!

Did the tile person even tell you they were not coming?

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The waterline tile coping and planter are done, grout on Monday, pavers start Tuesday then on the 16th the screen room goes up and on the 18th the Pebble Sheen goes in! finally seeing the light at the end of this long dark tunnel!

pool10.jpg
pool11.jpgpool12.jpgpool13.jpgpool14.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

...by the way it's still about 90 degrees here!

LOVE the colors! The contract between the patio and coping is nice!

How many doggys do you have? I THINK I see three-blond poodle, red,long haired dashound, black lab. I bet they are VERY happy it is almost done! So many new things to see and smell!

Kim

Thank you, the stress is getting a little less now!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you I was going for contrast, since I didn't use Travertine for the decking. You are right 3 dogs but the poodle is a Maltipoo, so half poodle. The lab is VERY excited to see water in the pool, we will probably have to put a fence up to keep her out when we dont want her wet otherwise she would be in it 24/7; we have already caught her down in the mucky water!

LOVE the colors! The contract between the patio and coping is nice!

How many doggys do you have? I THINK I see three-blond poodle, red,long haired dashound, black lab. I bet they are VERY happy it is almost done! So many new things to see and smell!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.