New build in South Texas

Casey, the dogs show no interest in going in. I don't think they understand what this body of water is. When they see me in the pool and see only my head, they start barking at the (Sea Monster). :idea:

I had a lab mix named Casey who loved to swim with me. I always said it was her pool. She passed in Oct 2011. I could never, ever sneak into the pool without her and she would never go in by herself. She knew I had to be there for her to swim and that's how it was. She was the best dog ever! I swear, she would dive into the pool and swim to the bottom for the pool toys that sank.

It’s recommended for safety that if you have dogs that you take them into the pool and show them the way out in case they accidently
fall in. I have always done this, but it can be traumatic for the dogs if they absolutely don’t want to go in.

I have a German Rottweiler who is petrified of water! I had her up at Ohio Pyle and she was in the water enjoying herself, walking on a ledge in knee deep water and then, she disappeared. lol She walked right off the ledge and she's had a fear ever since! Getting her close to our pool is impossible! Bath time is a 2 person ordeal because she's like bathing a rare, wild, exotic gorilla! :shock:

I have a 5year old boxer who enjoys very shallow water. She does not like it past her chest. She loves to play on the shore of the river and since we have an above ground, she can't get to it right now. We also have a 6 month old baby boy boxer. He's okay with bath time but he's never been around a large body of water yet so I don't know how he would do. He's a bit crazy our of water! :mrgreen:

Casey,
Several years ago we had a golden retriever named Amber. Amber and I would dive into the pool together and then she would swim over to me and wanted me to hold her in my arms in the water. The Great Danes certainly are not interested

Someone had asked about the drains and I said we bought them from NDS. They finished adding the polymeric sand and this is a close-up of how it looks. I also got the travertine covers made for the skimmers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is an amazing piece of work. It is so artful, yet it's not too formal and it looks like a place I wouldn't want to leave. Weather permitting - just live out there!
How far south in TX are you? I'm in the greater Austin area and next year will be needing a competent company to re-plaster my pool. So far I'm in a quandary about who to go with. I've eliminated Austex based on a posting about their incompetence.
Will you identify your contractors?
Thanks
Pete

We finally have power to our Pergola. You can open or close it or anything in between. Both sides also work independently. It is operated with a remote control.

- - - Updated - - -

A quick picture of Maximilian relaxing in his hammock.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.