New build in South Texas

Ugh to the ducks only because I have birds that use my pool... as a toilet! OMG... so much poop in my pool and on the rails it isn't even funny!

Awesome car!!! :cool:

:salut:
The cat enclosure is done

Awesome pool and love the kitty enclosure! :salut: We have 3 of 'em and they like to hang out on their "catio" 10' x 15' which was our covered patio next to the house. As with yours they have free access with a pet door plus their food/water and litter box are out there as well. It gets a bit hectic when we leave open the human door because they like to play/chase each other in and out of the house at full speed....yikes!

Egrets coming in to roost at night.

- - - Updated - - -

The feeding dock for the Nutria and ducks is done. We still have to install the stainless post and cable along the boardwalk.

- - - Updated - - -

One of our girls watching the action.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm with Casey on the birds - they are dive bombing my pool right now! I don't remember there being this many last summer.
Martin - does your dog go after the Nutria? When we were living in Louisiana they would occasionally be in the yard and at the time we had a golden retriever who would go ballistic when he saw them. In his defense, he was homeless for a while we think, before we got him and probably had to eat a few to survive out there!

Readtforapool

The reality is that the Nutria are isolated to the Resaca (water). They have no access to the backyard. With all the concrete retaining walls we have put in this place it's like Fort Knox. The feeding dock is for all wildlife. There have been no birds, ducks, geese or other fowl come any where near the pool. The natural beauty that the wildlife give us is outstanding. We are living in their environment and carving out our little piece of heaven.
I realize this may not be how everyone looks at it.

On to finishing the pool build. Hopefully landscaping and outdoor lighting is going to start this week. The kitchen was measured for granite today and that is progressing

We are now in the 11th and final month of our transformation. I say final month because here is what we have left to do: Final landscaping has started with some of the Cuban palm trees already planted. They have 50% of the plantings on site, with the remainder of the plantings and the grass yet to come. The kitchen and granite counter tops need to be finished, landscape lighting (99 light fixtures), Sunbrite TV, 12 outdoor speakers and 1 buried sub-woofer, outdoor fans, closing up both openings in the stucco block wall and the stone on the columns, travertine skimmer covers, 4 Mahogany gates are being built (2 eight feet wide and 2 three feet) wide and some other stone that will be put on the house.

This is the very first picture I took before we started the project

And now

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.