New build in South Texas

This pool is the most amazing pool I've ever seen.... I would love to see some pictures of parties and people enjoying the area (sorry if you posted them and I didn't see them, its a big thread)... Thank you for sharing and making me dream

^^^^^^^^^^ I agree - again - with everything Scaboney said. That would be so fun to see your area alive with people!! I'd hate to think of your amazing place as just a museum piece - although it's certainly a masterpiece.

And thanks, Scaboney, for bringing this thread up to the top again. I swoon every time I see the MartinKennedy pictures! Always a great part of my day!
Suz.

Absolutely STUNNING .... EVERYTHING! You must be in heaven having such a wonderful property. Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying your new pool and its surroundings this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Martin!
Question for you....

We also are doing Radiant Fusion (either Topaz or Royal Blue like yours) and our PB said there is no need to brush it after install. Did yours get brushed or need to be brushed? He said it is because it doesn't have the plaster dust issue...

Nursenini,

There was very little plaster dust and the pool builder did minimum brushing. They also did a hot acid start and did not do a acid brushing before fill. Hope that helps.

Hi Martin!
Question for you....

We also are doing Radiant Fusion (either Topaz or Royal Blue like yours) and our PB said there is no need to brush it after install. Did yours get brushed or need to be brushed? He said it is because it doesn't have the plaster dust issue...

The brushing isn't so much for plaster dust as the acid wash takes care of that. What it does do is knock off the loose pebbles and make the surface a little smoother. If there is any plaster cream left over from the acid wash, it will help expose more of the glass and aggregate.

While it is not nearly as essential to brush a pebble finish pool as a standard plaster pool, it is definitely beneficial and should be done...A few times during the initial start up is plenty, but more certainly won't hurt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The crane water feature was plumbed when the pool was built just like a bubbler. They were mounted on a small pad (1'X1") that was about 2"high. I will say that they lasted about 2 years and they started to get pin hole leaks in the legs. I had the PB come back, remove the cranes, chip out the small raised section as well as the complete sun shelf section and re-plaster the sun shelf

MK, amazing project! So many elements that I love and want to capture in our build this fall. I’m curious what brand was the outdoor speakers (rocks/eves/sub) that you selected, and do you have any pics of the subwoofer being installed that shows what it looks like before burial? I saw the eve and rock speaker pics in the thread but if the sub was shown, I must have missed it.

Thanks,
GDF

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.