New Build CT

7531807f8f8dc92199d2d06b27a81953.jpg

We have a hole in the ground.. Yay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It will be elevated about 12" above the pool.. With a 18" spillway. Stacked stone around the spa. Can't wait until summer! Just glad we are able to get the pool while the kids are young and to enjoy it until they grow up. Hoping all the teenagers hang out at my house when they get to that age.. At least I will know where they are and they aren't drinking or doing drugs. [emoji119]? So where are pool is we haven't had much water but about 15 feet away we have a lot! How are others taking care of wet areas on their property.. With yard basins? French drains? Need ideas! We get all the runoff from our neighbors...
f7bc69c313ff2f79e12b96d8c22b4ee6.jpg

I have stacked stone around my raised spa BUT ONLY on the exterior deck side. The spa wall that faces the pool and has the spillway is tiled with the same waterline tiles as the pool. Pool water can cause calcium deposits and efflorescences. Stacked stone all the way around the spa with an active spillway can get quite messy with white calcium deposits as the years go and difficult to clean with standard acid etching. I would suggest you consider tiling the part of the spa that faces the pool for easy cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I would french drain the whole back yard if possible so that the water heads toward like the street if at all possible. If not, a pump is possible in a basin with the plumbing headed to the street too. I have seen both work extremely well but if you do it; then now would be the time for sure considering the runoff.

Great looking design for sure.

I have not.. I actually just had surgery but my hubby is starting a love hate relationship with it :) can't wait till the summer... It's going to be amazing. We upgraded to the color led lights and the 4 returns. The Salt water generator as well. It's funny when you tell your friends you are building a pool and they say why this what that... Ohhh you will never use the heater after your first bill. Ummm did we tell you to buy a Ferrari.. Because you'll only drive it once a year since the oil changes will be too much?? Nope.. Than let us do what we want to do and only tell us helpful input. I thank my TFP pool people because you give advice and don't judge! [emoji8][emoji41][emoji97][emoji474]

You'll have a very nice pool and TFP will be here to help you keep it beautiful....but if you run the SWG and the heater at the same time, space aliens will come an abduct your household pet....oh wait, you only wanted to hear helpful comments :p

It's looking good. Would not want to be the one watering it in the Connecticut winter cold but that's why I live where it's hot (most of the time) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.