NEW Blue Surf Pebble Sheen color

OK - since Suz has "locked in" her decision. I have a question for you guys. I am pretty much looking at the same colors as Suz - I have said Blue Granite from the very beginning - but Aqua Blue and now Surf Blue have been there all along, begging for my attention.

Here is the deal. My pool is 3.6" - 5- 4'6" So I will NOT have that deep end that brings out such a beautiful color. We have trees and shade - my pool has sun in the morning and by 3:00 it is pretty much shaded. I want my water to be blue. I love blue granite - but I am scared that since the pool is shallow it won't be blue enough.

Anyone wanna chime in?

Sorry for stealing your post Suz, but since you made a "final decision" I could steal.

After watching the videos you and Ascew (?) suggested I watch, I had more information to use in my decision. Now that you bring it up, I was wondering about the depth of your pool giving you the blue you're wanting. I went back to Oz's pool with that amazing blue he gets from Blue Granite, but my goodness, he has a 40K gallon pool!!! At least twice that of mine. And he's surrounded by tall trees and lots of green growth which I'm not. So I KNOW I'm not going to get the same blue as his. But my shallow end is 4' and the deep end is 7', so that helps me a little. Also, I have lots of serious curves which cast shadows creating the deeper blue I love.

So the question is: Do you have enough shade for that blue (if that's the blue you like), plenty of trees and greenery, and how will the depths of your pool affect it? As the PebbleTec rep told me, the Blue Surf will give you a blue-er blue than Aqua Blue, and you will see more blue on the shallow areas like steps, sun shelf, spa, etc.

Now that you're much further along in the build (almost finished - Yippee), talk to your PB and his wife about your thinking. They have been so awesome in helping all along the way. And knowing more now, it would probably be a good idea to go look at the Blue Granite and Aqua pools again. When you go, take the PebbleTec guy's suggestion and take the sample of the Blue Surf along to put on the steps or pool floor to see the comparison. It's not a full proof experiment, but it may be the best you've got.

Poor Sunbaby! I KNOW the feeling!!! And it still comes down to - it has to be your decision! Good Luck! Suz.

Ahh Suz, you have such a way of being able to put things into perspective! Great ideas! Since the models are predicting the storm in the gulf to head this way Monday, I'm assuming I'll have plenty of time to look!

I called my designer today to see if I could get a sample of the Blue Surf. We have Aqua Blue picked already because we want blue water and were 'ok' with it after seeing a pool with it in person. I just wish it was slightly darker and I didn't want grey on my tanning ledge. So I am hoping to see the sample because to me blue surf is basically the blue granite with blue plaster instead of grey which is exactly what I want.

To someone who asked about the backside of the sample the backside is the color of the plaster itself. Blue granite is a greyish plaster while blue surf and aqua blue have a light blue plaster color.

Here are my color selections. Ignore the pebble sheen sample I don't know why it is in the picture. We have Aqua Blue right now selected in our contract. The tile is Kilkea Blue if you want to google it. The raised bond beam is the stone which is QDI Alpine. Our coping is belgard Danville Beige.

PoolColors.jpg

Ummgood: Let us know if you get the sample. Are you going to take the sample to an Aqua Blue pool to compare? I thought that was a good suggestion from the PebbleTec rep. I agree, the Blue Surf does sound like it will be similar to the Blue Granite, but with less gray. It seems to me it would definitely give you blue on your tanning ledge. Good luck! Keep us posted. And I hope you guys don't get hit with too much rain from this possible TS. Take care. Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I love your color selections! I think they will go well with the Aqua Blue Sheen or the new Blue Surf. Just be prepared for some serious razzing if you go with Blue Smurf!!!!! :smurf:

I just changed our color to Blue Surf! We are a little ways off for the pebble, but wanted to get this into the PB's system.
I will have the samples of both Aqua and Surf next week to compare.

I think it will go well with our waterline and bond-beam glass tile
FHHHluX-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Suz! Should I "give" him a Smurf for his pool???????? LOL

Kim

Definitely, Kim! He's the first one to sign up, so I think I should pass on the Smurf Torch to Trbvm.

If more people sign up for Blue Smurf, I think I'm going to have to contact the PebbleTec rep for a cut!

Trbvm: I think the Blue Surf will look great with your color selections! Don't let any TFP wise-crackers put you off it.

BTW, are you near PebbleTec corporate? Have you called them to ask to see their test pools for Blue Surf? I've called the office, and they were very nice - especially when I sympathized with the poor girl getting all the calls about the new color. Take care! Suz.

Definitely, Kim! He's the first one to sign up, so I think I should pass on the Smurf Torch to Trbvm.

If more people sign up for Blue Smurf, I think I'm going to have to contact the PebbleTec rep for a cut!

Trbvm: I think the Blue Surf will look great with your color selections! Don't let any TFP wise-crackers put you off it.

BTW, are you near PebbleTec corporate? Have you called them to ask to see their test pools for Blue Surf? I've called the office, and they were very nice - especially when I sympathized with the poor girl getting all the calls about the new color. Take care! Suz.

Now I've got to get back to my pay-back plans.....
Alrighty, TFP wise-crackers, keep 'em coming... :)
I guess I can pay a visit to the PebbleTec HQ sometime this weekend and check on the new color. Will see if time permits. We are not that far from Scottsdale.

I told my wife about it last night and frankly she is annoyed at me haha....

Our pool is majorly delayed because of the rain and internal issues because of the pool builder. Any time I talk about changing things she is worried about more delays. I want to make sure the pool is perfect and frankly one of my concerns with the Aqua Blue is the tanning ledge looks really blue and not like sand. I was hoping that the Blue Surf was better for this and I think it is so I am still going to get a sample (I called the builder yesterday). If I like it hopefully it won't slow things down more than the rain already has because I feel like we are so far from plaster anyways.

You are a good ways from plaster.

I can't see why changing the color, and not the product, would make a difference. Our PB said to just let him know a few days before plaster is scheduled.

Unless... You were to choose the new color, and the plaster company hadn't ordered it yet. In that case, it's even more important to decide sooner rather than later.

I agree with you. Get what you want now since you won't want to spend the money to change it out in a few years when it should last much longer.

But don't get in trouble! Take care. Suz.

I told my wife about it last night and frankly she is annoyed at me haha....

Our pool is majorly delayed because of the rain and internal issues because of the pool builder. Any time I talk about changing things she is worried about more delays. I want to make sure the pool is perfect and frankly one of my concerns with the Aqua Blue is the tanning ledge looks really blue and not like sand. I was hoping that the Blue Surf was better for this and I think it is so I am still going to get a sample (I called the builder yesterday). If I like it hopefully it won't slow things down more than the rain already has because I feel like we are so far from plaster anyways.

did you think about doing two colors, Aqua in the pool and sand color on the ledge?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.