My Test Results - Help Please

Nah, you aren’t in trouble! But you want to round your CYA up to 80, which means you need more chlorine. Shoot for FC of 10.

How does water look?

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have pollen on your car or other surfaces?

I would suggest you have algae. What you are seeing is dead algae. Your FC in your test results above is too low. See [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Tonight, do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Raise your FC to 10 ppm using bleach/liquid chlorine this evening. Circulate your pool for 30 minutes. Test your FC and record. In the morning, before any sun shines on the pool and after running your pump for at least 30 minutes, take a water sample and test for FC and CC. If you lost more than 1 ppm FC overnight, it is time to SLAM Process.

Let us now what you get in the morning.

Take care.

Will do that. I'm sure there's some algae in there, but there is pine pollen in there as well. Hubby had just sprayed down the pool deck and overhead frame and screen with bleach and water. It was pretty yucky with pollen, mold, and algae. Later that evening the bottom of the pool was yuck! I hate Florida!

We have NO pollen, mold, or algae here in southern Nevada ---- of course -- it is 110deg today too. Hasn't even warmed up yet this summer -----

Take care.

Use PoolMath. Put your pool volume in the spot towards the top and then your current FC in Now and Target of 10.

I come up with 1 gallon of 10% LC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, have never heard of that concentration. Normally 10%, 12.5%, etc.

Use the 10%. Your FC will go up a bit more than predicted.

Pool does not care about rain. You might get wet, it already is.

You can follow through with the test, unless you are to get ark amounts of rain.

Take care.

Yeah, Marty, but you have winter there. No thanks!

Hi, Purple! I have driven through Baldwin many, many times!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.