My pool test results

I put 13lbs on Saturday..3/15. Yep I understand it takes up to a week. What I mean is if I should be shocking based on the total put in. Now that I think of it. Someone already said this in thus thread. Sorry for asking again. This is overwhelming and I may be just double checking when the answer was already given.

As always thank you guys for helping it is very much appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

pffffft... we've all been there. I learned the most just reading all the threads here, even topics that didn't necessarily speak to my own pool at the time. It sinks in over time. I asked my own share of newbie questions at first. It *will* get easier, I promise!

How did your pH get so low in the first place? You should have adjusted it to about 7.2-7.4 at a normal FC level, then after you raised the FC over 10ppm, the pH test becomes invalid and reads artificially high. What this means is that right now your pH is likely lower than 7.2.

I just looked over your thread and this looks like the only time you actually reported a pH value.

I suppose all the CYA you added is likely contributing to the lower pH.

Hey Jason, the PH was at 7.5 before adding anything to the pool (i mentioned this in the first post), for the first 2 days its been stable at that level, since then the FC has been over 10 and I'm just waiting on the CYA to fully register, i'll know more on that on friday/saturday (I put the stabilizer in last saturday)

SLAM in process, last night I tested and my FC was at 27, this morning it was at 24. Will check every 2 hrs or so to keep it above or at 24

ps. I hope im not spamming you guys, this thread has been very therapeutic in a way but mostly to track if i'm doing it wrong or not hahaha

Don't worry about "spamming" us. Generally the more feedback we get, the more clear it is that you are doing what you should be doing and leaves fewer questions in our minds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question. I can now see the bottom of my pool and have not seen any of the white granules of the stabilizer. If it's been 5 days does that mean that it's ready for testing or should I wait another 2 days to be exactly a week?

one other thing I tested my FC this morning and I sent it to 25 its been about 60 to 70 degrees all day with bright sunshine and I tested it again about an hour ago and it was still 25 I assume this is a good thing?

Maybe wait two more days to make sure all the stabilizer is going to register on a test. If you didn't lose any FC then the stabilizer doing its job and nothing is consuming it. What CYA level did you shoot for ? ?

I put 13lbs of stabilizer which according to poolmath would bring it up to 60. I did as you say as a newbie and spread out the stuff but I made sure to move it around every few hours for 3 days straight. I will NOT do that again. I definitely see the benefit of your wisdom and use a sock.

Yep I plan on going to swg but wanted to get my pool stable after slamming it, then dissolve the salt. Once I knew what my CYA is this weekend I'll install the swg system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

ok performed some tests this am.

water temp - 56F (I collected the water in a small water bottle and waited about 30 min before testing it so the water can "warm" up to room temp)
FC - 21
chloramines - 1
CYA - 60ish (the water in the test tube was between 50-60 but closer to 60)

So I added about 73oz of bleach to bring up my FC to 24, with the chloramines at 1, that mean we're still slammin!

I was planning to dissolve my salt and once that is done, then install my SWG now that I have an idea of what my CYA is (i'll restest the CYA again tomorrow to be sure), do you guys think it would be ok? The thinking is that the SWG would better maintain the FC now that I have been manually maintaining the shock level of 24FC@60CYA? I will of course keep testing FC/CYA even after the SWG is in place, but wanted to get your guys input.

Maybe it would be best if I waited until after I am done slamming....

Honestly I think that would be the best course of action. Wait until you are completely done with the SLAM. Skip one more day before the CYA test too. Maybe a couple. Keep the FC up and do not let it fall below target.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.