Liner replacement cost check

Well … there’s an old saying I once heard long long ago -

If it’s a deal that’s too good to be true, it’s probably is …

Not saying that you didn’t do your homework, but I’d really, really scrutinize that offer if I were you.

Are you truly getting a brand new liner directly from GLI or is this guy just name dropping? Is there some kind of certificate of authenticity with liners?

Is this guy low-balling you on labor and then come installation day they’re going to “suddenly find” a whole bunch of issues that need to be fixed?

Is the contractor licensed, bonded, and insured?

Will he be there on installation day or is he sending a crew over from the Home Depot parking lot?

Warranty? What does he cover and guarantee?

Previous customer references?

It's a sad state of the world when simply not gouging the bejesus out of the customer is 'too good to be true'. :ROFLMAO:

And I concur.

Stock 20x40 GLI liners are around $2k right now, leaving $2700 wiggle room for foam/glue/gaskets and profit. It's an entirely fair price for a standard 20x40, for both the OP and the installer, yet at the same time it sets red flags off because so many are gouging. :(

Well … there’s an old saying I once heard long long ago -

Not saying that you didn’t do your homework, but I’d really, really scrutinize that offer if I were you.

Are you truly getting a brand new liner directly from GLI or is this guy just name dropping? Is there some kind of certificate of authenticity with liners?

Is this guy low-balling you on labor and then come installation day they’re going to “suddenly find” a whole bunch of issues that need to be fixed?

Is the contractor licensed, bonded, and insured?

Will he be there on installation day or is he sending a crew over from the Home Depot parking lot?

Warranty? What does he cover and guarantee?

Previous customer references?
The previous homeowner was very meticulous so she left every receipt from everything done in the home, including the pool liner installation. So the company quoting is the same company that installed the liner in the pool now, back in 2008.

Hopefully it works out, cause even that’s a lot of $ for me.

Reactions: Newdude
It's a sad state of the world when simply not gouging the bejesus out of the customer is 'too good to be true'. :ROFLMAO:

And I concur.

Stock 20x40 GLI liners are around $2k right now, leaving $2700 wiggle room for foam/glue/gaskets and profit. It's an entirely fair price for a standard 20x40, for both the OP and the installer, yet at the same time it sets red flags off because so many are gouging. :(
Errr yeah, hopefully no games. He did install the previous liner for this pool, so maybe that’s helping me out here?

He did install the previous liner for this pool, so maybe that’s helping me out here?
Maybe, maybe not. Does it matter?

As I said in my post. That is a reasonable price. Mine in Ohio, $5200. Same situation, previous installer that did it 12 years ago. Your previous liner was apparently fitted correctly and lasted just fine. The installer is still in business. Have them install it.

He did install the previous liner for this pool in 2008, so maybe that’s helping me out here?
Ok. Eventhough you've been here a while, I am obligated by the codes of decency to respect your member name.

So. You get a free pass today.

However.

Next time.

Come back with 'The company that installed my perfectly fit liner 15 years ago wants to do it again for a fair price.'

You'll answer your own question before you finish typing the sentence. ;)

Reactions: SorryImaNewb123
Maybe, maybe not. Does it matter?

As I said in my post. That is a reasonable price. Mine in Ohio, $5200. Same situation, previous installer that did it 12 years ago. Your previous liner was apparently fitted correctly and lasted just fine. The installer is still in business. Have them install it.
I w
Ok. Eventhough you've been here a while, I am obligated by the codes of decency to respect your member name.

So. You get a free pass today.

However.

Next time.

Come back with 'The company that installed my perfectly fit liner 15 years ago wants to do it again for a fair price.'

You'll answer your own question before you finish typing the sentence. ;)
I put some good thought into the username. But for real, thank you and everyone else that offers their knowledge and insight!

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.