Liner replacement cost check

I had a liner replacement along with removal of the aluminum coping and new liner track installed (to accomodate pavers) for $6500 3 years ago. 20 x 40 pool too.

$4700 seems good.

How is you water? Do you have high mineral content or hard water that you will need to address after its refilled? If your water is going to need attention, does it make sense to reuse the water in your pool or have water trucked in? just some food for thought.

Reactions: SorryImaNewb123
I had a liner replacement along with removal of the aluminum coping and new liner track installed (to accomodate pavers) for $6500 3 years ago. 20 x 40 pool too.

$4700 seems good.

How is you water? Do you have high mineral content or hard water that you will need to address after its refilled? If your water is going to need attention, does it make sense to reuse the water in your pool or have water trucked in? just some food for thought.
I would love to hear your thoughts on where to store OP's 38 thousand gallons of water while the liner is being replaced. Should we start an empty milk gallon challenge and ask all members to donate?:oops:

Upon further reading, OP's signature states that they have plaster surface. Now I'm really confused.

Reactions: Newdude
I would love to hear your thoughts on where to store OP's 38 thousand gallons of water while the liner is being replaced.
That's what I was thinking. I needed more than 2 tanker trucks back in the day with my 20x40, which I passed on due to cost. So that's not a reasonable option to bring in 3 empty trucks.

Getting several dumpsters and lining them would cost another small fortune. Maybe if you were a farm and had 60 of those 500 gallon container thingies. 🤷‍♂️

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had a microburst cellular drop of rain yesterday. 2” of water in less than 30 minutes. Everyone be like -

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

But of course, the hard clay here can’t handle that much water so it just runs out in washes and pools up until it all evaporates again.

Reactions: Newdude
From reading other posts, some people have water that is less than ideal or expensive. If it's possible to pump water out of the pool into temporary holding pools/tanks it could save a lot of effort and the need to use chemicals and time to filter out all the nasties. If half the water can be reused that is still a good amount that doesn't need to treated. Just food for thought if it's your first time getting a new liner. It's not just about the liner. This is also a time to address any issues with the pool structure or plumbing. Once the liner is pulled out you get to see the condition of the walls, returns, skimmers etc.

Reactions: Lanzz and Newdude

$4700 seems good.

Thanks for the advice.

I also was thinking about installing pavers to give our pool area an updated vibe, but our coping is mended to the cement deck, so I don’t know how easy it would be in my case? The concrete deck is in good shape structurally, but just look bland. I was thinking if pavers could just install on top of our concrete deck as well as the coping.

As for the water, I don’t have a plan so was going to ask the installer their recommendation. I will ask them about treatment the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.