Lighting wiring and GFCI breaker

It came out of the same conduit and seemed to match with the line for the pool light. The sheathing is stripped down too far for me to tell without pulling apart the conduit.
You need to find the other end of that white wire to know what it is for.

Note that it does not look like your pump is protected by a GFCI CB as current code requires.

It looks like both lights are powered from the same GFCI breaker, so it seems like you might not have the problem that you initially thought.

In any case, it might not be a bad idea to have a licensed electrician get everything up to current code and make sure everything is safe.

Reactions: Zalick
You need to find the other end of that white wire to know what it is for.

Note that it does not look like your pump is protected by a GFCI CB as current code requires.
Thanks for pointing that out!

The only two items protected are the lights and the pool cover.

I assume current code requires all pumps that come in contact with the water to be protected? I’ve seen my share of pumps short out and energize the water in the saltwater aquarium world.

That is not related to the lights.

Where is the other end of this conduit? (Red Line).

View attachment 554293
Both of those lines that go to the vent to under the house to the other side. They both go to this junction box. Which has a line going to the pool cover switch.

Quite the mess of twist on connectors. Is this typical?

IMG_1925.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 1
Quite the mess of twist on connectors. Is this typical?
There are no "Typical" electrical installations.

It depends on what equipment you have and how it is installed.

In any case, I suspect that this is the Romex (Left arrow) and the right arrow is where the purple line connects.

I suspect that both lights come off of the single GFCI breaker.

You have too much to follow from just pictures.

If you need a professional evaluation, it will require an onsite visit from a licensed electrician.

1708057818005.png

There are no "Typical" electrical installations.

It depends on what equipment you have and how it is installed.

In any case, I suspect that this is the Romex (Left arrow) and the right arrow is where the purple line connects.

I suspect that both lights come off of the single GFCI breaker.

You have too much to follow from just pictures.

If you need a professional evaluation, it will require an onsite visit from a licensed electrician.

View attachment 554299
Thank you so much. It’s been very helpful.

I like having a full understanding of all the electric in my house. Circuits for the home seem much more simple.

On a nice weekend I’ll probably have my non colorblind wife help me label everything. :)

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.