Just opened first pool tests done, now what?

Not a problem. I also found the working extendable pole so I'm getting alot more junk out.

Frankly, the water looks good, in my opinion, aside from the junk. But I know from reading here that can change in a flash.

I know I'm not supposed to worry about CC right now, so I assume I don't need to worry about CYA either? I am slamming based on the target CYA level I added stabilizer in order to reach.

I added a little extra last time and I'm 17ppm FC now

Anything 0.5 ppm or less is okay. Don't knock yourself out trying for zero because some pools *never* get to zero.

So when do the folks come vac your pool? Tomorrow?

Your pic shows a pool that is ideal for a robot.
Yes I am definitely interested in the robot. Looks like the dolphin s200 is recommended but I'm a little confused about how to actually get one. I'm not seeing any easy to order option online unless I'm really missing something.

And yes they're coming tomorrow to do the cleaning. I'm a little annoyed that they didn't just do it the same day they opened it but whatever I guess.

When you say 0.5 or less...do you mean CC?

Yes, sorry- CC of 0.5 or less.

For the robot, many TFPers have gotten great deals with tax and shipping included if you Call Margaret here:
7777 W. Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80232

Phone: 303-985-0077
[email protected]
Their hours are 10-5, mountain time zone. If they're busy and don't pick up call again. Worth it~
She can help you and won't oversell you once you tell her a bout your pool.

Maddie 🇺🇦

Reactions: Wolfepack88
I was going to get an S200 from Marina's. But they had none in stock.

Went on the Maytronics site and found local dealers, the closest one to me had one!!!!

Check it out!

Yes, sorry- CC of 0.5 or less.

For the robot, many TFPers have gotten great deals with tax and shipping included if you Call Margaret here:
7777 W. Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80232
Phone: 303-985-0077
[email protected]
Their hours are 10-5, mountain time zone. If they're busy and don't pick up call again. Worth it~
She can help you and won't oversell you once you tell her a bout your pool.

Maddie 🇺🇦

Thank you, I just re-educated myself on CC - I was under the impression it was a measurement of chlorine "in reserve". Obviously not correct...

Just test again. 17.5FC, so I overshot the 16 goal. Won't add anything at this point. I'll test again in about 2 hours if I'm still awake but that's not likely, unless it's critical. Otherwise will test first thing tomorrow and see if I pass.

Morning!

FC is at around 16.5, so still some loss over night. The goal was 16 so I don't think I need to add anything for SLAMming but will have to keep an eye on things.

Pool is getting cleaned today and I will hopefully track down an S200 - unless someone tells me another bot would work better for my pool? They all seemed similar based on manufacturer specs and I see the S200 recommended all over this site.

Will also pick up more liquid chlorine as I understand the cleaning will displace a good deal of water.

Once pool is cleaned, thoughts on shutting off pump to inspect the filter? Or do I need to just keep it going 24/7 until I pass the overnight test?

Last edited:
Morning!

FC is at around 16.5, so still some loss over night. The goal was 16 so I don't think I need to add anything for SLAMming but will have to keep an eye on things.

Pool is getting cleaned today and I will hopefully track down an S200 - unless someone tells me another bot would work better for my pool? They all seemed similar based on manufacturer specs and I see the S200 recommended all over this site.

Will also pick up more liquid chlorine as I understand the cleaning will displace a good deal of water.

Once pool is cleaned, thoughts on shutting off pump to inspect the filter? Or do I need to just keep it going 24/7 until I pass the overnight test?
Technically you passed the OCLT. The criteria is losing 1.0ppm or less. So you may get things cleaned up and test again when they’re done to be sure it’s not a fluke result. For sure clean the filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Technically you passed the OCLT. The criteria is losing 1.0ppm or less. So you may get things cleaned up and test again when they’re done to be sure it’s not a fluke result. For sure clean the filter.

Technically correct, the best kind of correct!

I'm going to continue to babysit the FC levels. My wife thinks I am crazy but I actually enjoy this to some extent. That may change when I open up the filter.

I think I may need to order a new CYA test cylinder as I cannot find it and suspect I left it outside on a windy night.

Technically correct, the best kind of correct!

I'm going to continue to babysit the FC levels. My wife thinks I am crazy but I actually enjoy this to some extent. That may change when I open up the filter.

I think I may need to order a new CYA test cylinder as I cannot find it and suspect I left it outside on a windy night.

It looks like your picture shows green or dark colored junk on the floor so make sure that gets cleaned up. So technically you passed the OCLT but haven’t passed the three SLAM criteria yet, though I suspect you will today if someone is showing up to clean that up and clean the filter.

It looks like your picture shows green or dark colored junk on the floor so make sure that gets cleaned up. So technically you passed the OCLT but haven’t passed the three SLAM criteria yet, though I suspect you will today if someone is showing up to clean that up and clean the filter.

I was able to get a good deal of that now that I found the working extendable pole, but I'm still going to have them do the cleaning as I don't have my robot yet (going today). It's very dark material (leaves, dirty that I guess got under the cover in the off season.

First test since morning. At around 14 FC.

Pool cleaners should be here within the hour or so I was told, so I'm thinking I'll test again after that and add chlorine then, right? Or get it back to 16 now?

Also...got quote for SWG. Will read up more on that but think I'll be pulling that trigger pretty quickly lol

Are you handy at home with little tasks? You may have all the skills you need to install an SWG yourself. It isn't hard but just takes a PVC cut/repair. (and possibly wire it in to your timer or whatever system)

Maddie 🇺🇦

Are you handy at home with little tasks? You may have all the skills you need to install an SWG yourself. It isn't hard but just takes a PVC cut/repair. (and possibly wire it in to your timer or whatever system)

Maddie 🇺🇦

Somewhat, though my father in law can do pretty much anything, and usually jumps at the chance now that he is retired. First quote I got was 2700 all in.

Well, oh darn. Not a reliable company, huh?
So do you have the basic pole, vac head and tubing to try vacuuming the pool yourself? There are good videos on Youtube about how to do it.
Yeah I'm irritated - they actually told us twice today they were still coming. I do not have a vacuum. If the old owner had one, it's gone now. Something I can acquire at any pool store or big box store?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.