Jandy CS filter leaking after filter change

Post pics of your filter so folks can see how you assembled it.

Is there any magic to this thing? My old hayward, pop the cap on and screw it down. I pulled the thing off, moved the oring around in a different spot and screwed it back down again and now it seems like it might be better, but this is really an exercise in frustration. I feel like I'm doing something wrong? I also tried to move the locking ring to wear the lock tap should be on the bottom case if it was there and then it just leaked and leaked so I'm guessing it needs to be tighter than that.

I'd remove it if it still leaks and clean both halves to be sure there isn't debris in the mix. Clean off the O ring to be sure nothing sticking to it, re-lube it and try again. Make sure the ledge from the upper half where the ring pulls it down is clean so there should be even pressure as you tighten it down.

Did you by chance place the top half of the filter down on the open part ? The previous lube will pick up sand / dirt / debris but be hidden under the lid when you put it back together not realizing its dirty.

Open it up and clean both halves of the filter channel and the O-ring, lube the O-ring not putting it down except in the channel and reassemble it all.

I hate blue latex gloves with a passion but they REALLY come in handy for schmearing the lube around the O-ring. Or at least the clean up your hands afterwards part. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.