I need help! Cloudy Pool

Dickie and Teresa said:
I'm confused. I already put a little bleach in this evening. How do I get the pH under control? And, yes, I estimated the CYA based on where the water level was. Do I stop shocking until my pH is lower or what?
IF your FC is 10 ppm or less your pH will be accurate. If you are under 15 ppm FC it might read a bit high but you can still do a ballpark pH adjustment.
pH of 7.8 is not that bad. Granted with your high TA it won't stay that low for long and will rise to a point that will be condusive to scaling but I would not lose any sleep over it. It's not going to happen in just a few days time so relax! :wink:
Once you are done with shocking and the CC is .5 ppm or lower you can lower the TA. That will help a lot with the pH. Once you get the TA down your numbers will be just about perfect. Just remember to maintain the FC and monitor the pH.
This thread will help you lower the TA when you are ready. It's really a lot easier to do than it reads!
how-to-lower-ta-t5341.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.