I got my TFTestKit. Now what?

Raise your FC to 5 ppm without delay. Test in an hour or so and report your results.

Next, raise your CYA to 50 ppm. Measure carefully and assume it's in there. Test CYA 48 hours later but put it in right after FC

Keep reading and asking questions.

pH, TA, TA, CH, and CC are all fine......do nothing
Another newbie question.. what do I actually buy when I go to store for a liquid stabilizer? Is there a brand or product recommendation?

Attachments

• IMG_7721.png
    IMG_7721.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
You can buy stabilizer and acid and chlorine at Lowe’s//HD/walmart/ace in the Houston area. I prefer the HTH brand CYa sold at Ace but it’s all good. Look in the garden sections at Lowe’s and HD for pool chems. At Ace everything but acid is in a pool aisle but you have to ask for acid behind the counter.

Leslie’s will be expensive….

Reactions: drsteven23
You can buy stabilizer and acid and chlorine at Lowe’s//HD/walmart/ace in the Houston area. I prefer the HTH brand CYa sold at Ace but it’s all good. Look in the garden sections at Lowe’s and HD for pool chems. At Ace everything but acid is in a pool aisle but you have to ask for acid behind the counter.

Thank you!

Sf,

Ok.. You have an IC40.. this means that it is rated for a 40K pool by Pentair, but not us... :mrgreen: We consider it good for a 20K pool.. It is a good SWCG and plenty big enough for your pool.

Do you really have a single speed pump?? Does your pool have a Pentair automation system? Something like an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch?

Please show me several pics of your equipment pad.

If you really have a single speed pump, then you should run your cell at 100% output for 8 to 10 hours hours a day. This should generate about 4 ppm of FC (chlorine) each day..

Do NOT bring your CYA up to 70 at this time.. Bring it up to 30 or 40 now and then wait a few days and test it again. Once you get 40, then bring it up to 60.. A little at a time is better than all at once.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sf,

Ok.. You have an IC40.. this means that it is rated for a 40K pool by Pentair, but not us... :mrgreen: We consider it good for a 20K pool.. It is a good SWCG and plenty big enough for your pool.

Do you really have a single speed pump?? Does your pool have a Pentair automation system? Something like an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch?

Please show me several pics of your equipment pad.

If you really have a single speed pump, then you should run your cell at 100% output for 8 to 10 hours hours a day. This should generate about 4 ppm of FC (chlorine) each day..

Do NOT bring your CYA up to 70 at this time.. Bring it up to 30 or 40 now and then wait a few days and test it again. Once you get 40, then bring it up to 60.. A little at a time is better than all at once.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim, yes, we have intelitouch for the automation. Here’s the link to the pump:

Sf,

That is the booster pump for you pool cleaner.. I suspect that you have an IntelliFlo pump... Something like this...

pentair-intelliflo-011018.jpg

Let me know..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you show the label on the whisperflo? There should be a spec label in addition to that brand label.
So, I have three of these. Each of them have different horse power. We have a hot tub, a tanning area & the pool.

We live in the Rice Village area. Do you live in Houston as well?

Thanks again!!

Sf

Attachments

• IMG_7739.jpeg
    IMG_7739.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7740.jpeg
    IMG_7740.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7744.jpeg
    IMG_7744.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 10
Sf,

Well... I was wrong..... again!!! :mrgreen:

You do not have an IntelliFlo pump, you have three single speed pumps.. Sigh...

Even God no longer uses single speed pumps.. :)

Thanks for the pics..

But it still does not change how long you will need to run the main pool pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

So, I have three of these. Each of them have different horse power. We have a hot tub, a tanning area & the pool.

We live in the Rice Village area. Do you live in Houston as well?

Thanks again!!

Sf
I’m on the west side - not familiar with the stores around rice village but any of the ones mentioned will do do for you - they keep pool supplies gear round in Houston as you’ll never really close your pool.

I'm confusing myself so I apologize if the question has already been answered. So, first, do I put in the dry chlorine using the sock method? If so, Pool math is telling me that I need 8lbs, 12 oz to reach a target CYA of 70.

Another post says I need to raise my FC to at least 5ppm. I know there's a relationship between CYA and FC, but while the dry chlorine achieve both?

When I enter my stats into Pool Math (CYA=0; Current FC=1.5; Slam target 3; SWG Sanitizer; 24-hour SWG output= 1.4; Pump Run Time= 12; It says run my pump 12 hours with your SWG Cell at 27% (I don't know what that means).

Thanks again..

sf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.