I got my TFTestKit. Now what?

Don’t use anything with the name Blue in the label - it adds copper which can stain

Use liquid chlorine - pure bleach no additives no scent no splash etc …

Usually 10% strength for pool chlorine

Be aware that chlorine degrades over time so watch the date codes and the length of time you store it

Don’t use anything with the name Blue in the label - it adds copper which can stain

Be aware that chlorine degrades over time so watch the date codes and the length of time you store it
Got it. Glad I kept the receipt! sf

Added 1 gallon of liquid bleach and used about 4lbs of stabilizer. My socks (I had to use 3) are hanging on the pole now.
:ROFLMAO:

Questions:
1) How do I adjust my SWG cell %? Is it simply by running the pump longer? I assume I will run my pump most of day today.
2) Given I added the CYA and bleach about 30 mins ago, when should I test my water again?

Finally, there was some weird liquid falling from the sky today. I've read about these oddities, but it hasn't happened in Houston in months! ;)

Thanks again! !

How do I adjust my SWG cell %? Is it simply by running the pump longer? I assume I will run my pump most of day today.
Steven,

Your SWCG is controlled by your automation system.

You can use the automation to control the % of output, or you can just run the pump longer.

It appears to me that your cell is running at 70 or 80% based on your pics.

How do you control your automation system? Do you have ScreenLogic or do you have Pentair remotes???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Steven,

Your SWCG is controlled by your automation system.

You can use the automation to control the % of output, or you can just run the pump longer.

It appears to me that your cell is running at 70 or 80% based on your pics.

How do you control your automation system? Do you have ScreenLogic or do you have Pentair remotes???

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim, I use both the panel & the remote to adjust the controls. Unfortunately, the power went off so I’m waiting.. sf

Attachments

• IMG_7728.jpeg
    IMG_7728.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7727.jpeg
    IMG_7727.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 3
SF,

Once you get your power back up...

To adjust the output of your SWCG you would do the following..

Menu, Menu
Scroll to Settings
Select IntelliChlor
Push the select button and move to output%
Use the up / dn arrow keys to adjust the Pool output to what you want. (Since you have a single speed pump, you should use 90%, so you can run your pump for the shortest amount of time. This gives you 10% to make any fine adjustments..)
Then set your Spa output to what you want.
Menu to save.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: drsteven23
Pool output to what you want. (Since you have a single speed pump, you should use 90%, so you can run your pump for the s
SF,

Once you get your power back up...

To adjust the output of your SWCG you would do the following..

Menu, Menu
Scroll to Settings
Select IntelliChlor
Push the select button and move to output%
Use the up / dn arrow keys to adjust the Pool output to what you want. (Since you have a single speed pump, you should use 90%, so you can run your pump for the shortest amount of time. This gives you 10% to make any fine adjustments..)
Then set your Spa output to what you want.
Menu to save.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I finished the sock method today. I didn't realize you had to keep squeezing the sock to distribute the granules into a fine powder so when I got back from work, I spent an hour just massaging the once full sock. I checked my water chem numbers, but I don't know if it's too soon....

pH seems to have dropped a bit at 7.2
cl= 5
br=10
FC=9
CC=1
TC= 10
CYA= 40 (but I hear I have to wait to get an accurate reading). I ended up adding about 3.5 lbs & 1 bottle of liquid chlorine (yesterday).

i can test again tomorrow.

sf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Add your test kit to your signature.
A little more info on equipment manufacturers and model numbers would also help.

FC + CC = TC
Just post FC and CC, we don't use TC

FC and CC are from the FAS-DPD (R-0870 and R-0871) test.
We don't need "cl" (that test is more to let you know there is chlorine in the water)
and you aren't using Bromine so no "br" either.

I see your PoolMath logs are linked to your forum acount,
so post your results there - or post them as follows...

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water Temperature

Hi Again! It's been a while since the last post and wanted to update all on the current testing results.

pH seems a bit high at 8.2
cl= 5
br=10
FC=17.5
CC=1
TC= 18.5
CYA= 70
TAT= 60
CH= 325
Salt= 4200

Any concerns on the TC?

Pool is running 12 hours a day.

Thanks! Steven

Assuming you are using the drop test for pH, pH will not be correct with an FC of 17.5. Anything over 10 and the pH test is suspect.

--Jeff

Add your test kit to your signature.
A little more info on equipment manufacturers and model numbers would also help.

FC + CC = TC
Just post FC and CC, we don't use TC

FC and CC are from the FAS-DPD (R-0870 and R-0871) test.
We don't need "cl" (that test is more to let you know there is chlorine in the water)
and you aren't using Bromine so no "br" either.

I see your PoolMath logs are linked to your forum acount,
so post your results there - or post them as follows...

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water Temperature
updated as requested. Sf

Reactions: Newdude and proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.