shrek5701

Oct 7, 2023
Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I just noticed that my new pool is not level it slopes to one side. Is that normal? If you look at the picture the left side is lower than the right. It slopes the same on the deep end.

Attachments

• IMG_1745.jpeg
    IMG_1745.jpeg
    591 KB · Views: 177

You can't look at things and tell if they are level.

I suspect that your fence is not level and it gives you the impression that your pool is not level.

But, just to make sure you need to talk with your pool builder... The water in the pool needs to be in the center of the tile line all the way around the pool, so it needs to be pretty darn level.

Your pool builder has equipment that can measure if it is level or not.

Thanks,

Jim R.

It looks off, but it is hard to tell.

Get a 4 foot level to see what that shows.

Also, make a water level to check against the tile.

A water level is super simple and cheap.

Just get some clear vinyl tubing and fill with water and put each end near the tile.

1699403857584.png

Is the fence new?

Put a level on the fence.

1699408570565.png

img_1745-jpeg.539566

If you take out the background, it looks ok.

The red lines are horizontal, so it looks level if the camera is level.

The steps might be a little bit off, but that can be mostly fixed with plaster and no one will notice anyway.

In any case, some clear vinyl tubing and some water will allow you to check the level side to side and end to end.

If the pool is 40 feet long, get about 60 feet of tubing.

The tubing I.D (Internal Diameter) should be about 1/4" to 3/8"/

1699456500791.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Check the level and length of these 6 dimensions.

1 and 6, 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 should be equal length.

L12 + L42 = L22.

L52 + L62 = L32

For example, if the pool is 20 x 40, then

1 and 6 should be 20.

4 and 5 should be 40.

2 and 3 should be 44.72135955' = 44'- 23/32".

Also check the level of the fence.

1699459546166.png

Last edited:
For an allowable tolerance, I would want 1/8" or less for length and level with a maximum of 1/4" acceptable.

1699460861660.png

I checked it with a 4 foot level and borrowed a laser level just to double check. After looking at it with a friend of mine we think what is throwing us off is that PB didn’t back fill that area as well as the others. So it kind of looks like it’s raised.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After looking at it with a friend of mine we think what is throwing us off is that PB didn’t back fill that area as well as the others
At my old house, the slope was down towards the back like yours and also right to left and at many places in the yard, the rectangle pool looked twisted. The brain is funny and easily fooled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.