Pool rookie in NJ

raymic58

Sep 21, 2023
Central New Jersey
Hi gang. Just bought a new house with a 32x16 inground with diving board. The pool is 3 ft in the kiddie end, and slopes down to 8ft in the deep end. I've been reading complaints about how many pool vacuums cant handle the incline from the deep end to the shallow end, but climbs the walls just fine. Anyone know of a vacuum that can navigate the incline without doing backflips? Thanks for any help!! look forward to next season.

Ray,

My pool is a sports pool so no deep-end, but I have two rent house pools that have deep-ends of about 7 feet.. My robots don't seem to have any issues with it.

My pools are all gunite.. Is your pool a gunite pool or a liner pool?

My 'pull it out of my rear' guess is that most robot deep-end complaints come from liner pool owners. I suspect it is because liners can get slick, which is not something that happens in gunite pools.

Most of my robots have been Dolphins, which have all worked well for me. That said, I recently got an EVO robot and really like it.. The one downside is that it has no weekly timer. This works well for me, as I only put it in the pool once or twice a week, so I need no timer. It would not work for my rent house pools, as they need a timer.

You should talk with Margaret at Marina.. She can tell you what would work best for you...

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

You have to call or use e-mail to make it a local sale... Best prices, Best Service, Free 2 day (maybe 3 for you) shipping and no tax.

Check out this review of the Dolphin vs. the EVO...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Ray,

My pool is a sports pool so no deep-end, but I have two rent house pools that have deep-ends of about 7 feet.. My robots don't seem to have any issues with it.

My pools are all gunite.. Is your pool a gunite pool or a liner pool?

My 'pull it out of my rear' guess is that most robot deep-end complaints come from liner pool owners. I suspect it is because liners can get slick, which is not something that happens in gunite pools.

Most of my robots have been Dolphins, which have all worked well for me. That said, I recently got an EVO robot and really like it.. The one downside is that it has no weekly timer. This works well for me, as I only put it in the pool once or twice a week, so I need no timer. It would not work for my rent house pools, as they need a timer.

You should talk with Margaret at Marina.. She can tell you what would work best for you...

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

You have to call or use e-mail to make it a local sale... Best prices, Best Service, Free 2 day (maybe 3 for you) shipping and no tax.

Check out this review of the Dolphin vs. the EVO...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks guys, makes perfect sense. The pool has a liner and was sitting unattended for about a month while the house was on the market so it's probably pretty slick. I'll start scrubbing, clean it up and close it up since the leaves are starting to come down up here. Thanks for the help. see ya next spring 👍

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.