How do most folks vaccum?

Following the retirement of "Bob," our Polaris 280, we now rely on our trusty Dolphin Premiere, "Darwin," for vacuuming services. He does a great job of maintaining, but takes 3 or 4 cleaning cycles to fully clean our pool. If large debris like leaves, use the bag. If small particles like sand, use the mesh.

For those times (impromptu pool parties) where we don't have enough time to run Darwin, we plan to purchase a Pool Blaster MAX for quick spot cleaning: Water Tech® Pool Blaster MAX

We haven't brought out our vacuum hose for close to 10 years now, and I don't miss it a bit!

If it is a small amount of debris I vacuum to filter. If I need to release water or I'm clearing a swamp I vacuum to waste.

This.

Small stuff like accumulated dirt on the bottom? Filter.

Larger crud? Waste, but I try to scoop out with a net before vacuuming.

I used to always vacuum to waste until I realized just how much water I was throwing out trying to suck up a bit of dirt on the floor of my pool. I figured I have a filter and I might as well use it, especially since it is sand and I can backwash it easily (and use much less water backwashing than vacuuming to waste).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.