Help with adding vale to Pentair Intelli Touch System

swreeder70

Mar 15, 2016
Wimberley, TX
Greeting everyone,

I have recently added a automatic valve to turn my spa spill over on and off. The plumbing side of the project went well. In the Itelli touch side of the system I found I needed to add an Auxiliary board to be able to plug in the valve actuator. I was able to successfully get it installed and wired. The valve actuator works flipping the switch on it, toggling it from open to closed.

What I am having a hard time finding is how to add the valve control to the system so I can setup automation and control Everything I have read online and on the pentair site does not match up with the features I have in my software.

I'm running the latest screenlogic download from Pentair on a Macbook and also have the latest firmware on the Intelli touch. Anyone have common sense instructions on how to add this valve so I can program it? FWIW it is plugged int the AUX C port on the expansion board.

I am puzzled why you had to add a valve to control your spillover.. Basically the IntelliTouch has a spillover function that moves the Intake and the Return valves to the spillover positions. Sucks water from the pool and sends it to the spa..

By adding a separate valve you will not be able to take advantage of the built in function... :scratch:

I suggest you use the built in function of Spillway.. but if you don't want to do that, then you will have to set up a Circuit that you can use to turn it on and off.

I suggest that you use a Feature circuit.. As an example Feature 1.. You would use whatever Feature circuit is not used
Go to the circuits set up page and then highlight Feature 1.
Change the Circuit Name to "Spillover" or whatever you want to call it.
Set Circuit function to Generic.

View media item 1964
In ScreenLogic set up pages you should have a page that looks similar to this one...

You need to assign valve C to the circuit you just named "Spillover"

Pushing the Spillover icon will cause the valve to turn.

But... I can't help but think that you are doing this the hard way.

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you want to try the built-in function, you can just set up a Feature circuit and name it Spillway (like above) and then set the Circuit Function to "Spillway"...

You should also go to your pump speed page in the set up and add "Spillway" and set the RPM that makes your spillway work best.

I suspect that you are trying to automate what is called the make up valve.. This valve lets some water go to the spa when in the pool mode and causes the spa to spillover all the time. I would manually shut that valve off the just schedule the Spillway Circuit twice a day for 30 minutes. This will keep the spa fresh and chlorinated and not require a constant spillover..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok, so I got it figured out. For some reason the AUX ports were not showing up and after a few hours they are now in the ScreenLogic app.

The auto valve I added was on the spa makeup line. My spa was spilling over all the time and we have been fighting keeping PH under control for the last few years.

I've automated that makeup valve to open two times a day for 30 minutes to circulate the spa and hopefully create a more manageable PH level in the pool.

This project all stemmed from a thread I started a few weeks ago HERE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.