Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hello,

I have a few questions around my IO Board, Firmware, RS-485 and VFDs in general.

My current state:
I have a Intelli-Touch I7 IO Board Firmware Ver. 1060. My IntelliFLO VSF pump currently operates by the Control Panel and scheduled with the Indoor touchscreen. The IntelliFLO VSF pump itself is configured to operate at different speeds throughout the day. I was told by a pool tech that this particular IO Board was not compatible with the IntelliFLO VSF Pump, at least with the RS-485 comms from board to pump. I believe I have seen other threads here that prove otherwise.

IO Board
1. Do I have known compatibility problem, board # 520165 version 1060 and VSD Pumps.
2. If not, is a firmware update needed? Is it hard to get software & firmware to do so.
3. Does this require an expansion board for another comm port?

IntelliFLO VSF
1. Is there a front end software along with USB/Serial cable for the Pentair VSF pumps? I have configured many different industrial VFD brands so just wondering.
2. Do most Pool VFD controllers have open register table sets to read remotely poll, say Modbus-TCP? Does Pentair release their register tables?

General
1. Do i go down this worm hole or just upgrade my system?

Attachments

• Intelli Touch I7 IO board.jpg
    Intelli Touch I7 IO board.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 4
Jeremy,

It appears to me that your pump is connected to the RS-485 com port.. :scratch:

I was under the impression that all versions of the IntelliTouch can control a VS pump, but they can't use all the capabilities of a VSF pump.

Does your pump have a control panel?? If so, with the system in Auto and pool, go out and see if the pump's display shows "Display Not Active"

Please tell me what you find..

When you go into Menu, Setting, Pumps.. does it give you any IntelliFlo selections? I believe it should show VS or VF, but it won't show VSF.

Some older EasyTouch cards have an old smaller memory chip and can't be upgraded to anything else. But, I never can remember which is which so let's ask Tom.. Calling @ogdento.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The intellitouch has used the same chip for the duration, so you CAN update the firmware on that to 1.190 (there's a separate "updating firmware on pentair..." thread here somewhere). Update the indoor panel as well as the outdoor board. Pm me if you need somebody to do it at a reasonable cost.

I think this vsf compatibility question has come up in the last few months, and I "think" the answer was the early intellitouch fw would still control a VSF - but only as a VS. I'm almost positive that the latest fw supports VSF... You can download the fw zip from pentair and check the readme if they've added it back in yet (it was in the 1.180 fw zip but was not in the latest the last time I looked)

I don't know about the registry tables, but the vfd controllers are made by danfoss, maybe with a custom firmware for pentair.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.