HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

I measured my pH just to see what it is. I believe i read that pH usually rises when doing shock.

Mine is 6.8 to 7. Just about where it was when i started.

I still leave this alone right? Just wondering if that could be contributing to the cloudy water.

If your FC was greater than 10, that pH reading will be off. IF....you accidentally let your FC's drop below 10, grab a quick pH test before you boost FC back to where it should be. If you get that low of a reading again, it might be ok to boost the pH a bit. Then again you're doing that Baqua Conversion, and I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm one of the silent lurkers following your progress with the bleach blitz.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I loveeeeeee having lurkers!!!! :party:

My FC was actually 0 when i tested it. But, i'm so close to this being over (the beach blitz i mean) that i am not adding during the day at this point. I agree with you, seems like my pH being that low it may hinder me getting clear water. But, heck what do i know. I was using Bacqua yuk until i found this thread. I am a good follow the leader type and will wait for my instruction. LOL.

Just put in 479 oz of bleach. I'll wait the 30 minutes, take the last test and keep my fingers, toes, knees elbows and eyes crossed all. night. long.

Low ph doesn't do much to cloudy water. The chlorine works best around 7.2 but it seems most the gunk in your pool is dead. They're now just floating around. Losing 3FC's overnight still shows there's stuff in the pool. Keep shocking and brushing often (I'm sure you are doing this). The pool will clear soon.

Oh ok Thanks Leebo

Ok at 9:45 pm...

FC is 23.5
CC 1

I don't really understand why my FC goes up so high. I promise i'm using the calculator.

Anyway....

The CC is 1ish. Slightly an itty bitty amount of pink after one drop. My son said he couldn't see any pink after one drop. So i'm thinking my CC is between .5 and 1

I'd guess your pool isn't 13,600 gallons. Most often it's smaller or you need to top off the pool water.

Your FC went from 0 to 23.5?

Could you be wrong about how many gallons your pool is? With the amount in your signature, I show that would have added 17ppm, but if your pool was only 10,000 gallons, it would have added 23ppm.

Hmmmmmm. Well.

They have me on file at the pool store as a 13600. I didn't originate that number. My ex husband did when we first went there years and years ago.

Honestly, i have no clue.

And yes....with 13600 it should have took me to FC 17.

Same thing happened last night too. Went way above what the calculator told me it would.

How do i know how many gallons i have so i can be sure?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Drain the pool and get a 5gallon bucket. Fill it with tap water and fill counting each bucket.

Or put in your measurements into the size estimator on the calculater.

*thinking

Well, seeing that my back is about shot from carrying/lifting/pouring/looking at 47738829947261215 gal of bleach in the past week....

I'll take door number 2.

I'll check that out in the morning. Wouldn't that be so embarrassing? Well if i'm wrong about what size it is, don't tell anyone please.

Remember, size does matter. I'm also going with the 10,000 gallon theory. However, you might just have really fresh bleach too. Clorox states right on their website, somewhere, that they put more then 6% so it'll be at least 6%. Their msds sheet states 6 to 10 percent.

That's what you wind up with when you're way too bored on a Friday night.

Other bleaches may do that too. Dunno

Did you get the speedstir by any chance? That thing is awesome, and will help when trying to see color changes at night during your tests.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Nope don't know about the speed stir thing.

However, i did order a refill for the FC CC stuff a week ago tomorrow and still don't have it.

I'm about to run out again.

Is your pool round or rectangular? How deep? If round what diameter? If rectangular, length and width? In feet. Give me that, and I'll figure out your volume.

I have a 20 foot diameter round above ground pool that is 4 feet deep. Its about 9600 gallons or so. On the box it said 10K gallons. So I figure I'm around 9800 on a good day, 9500 if I need some water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.