Help...I need pads.

mrwerk

Jan 22, 2013
;)

Hi

I am looking for suggestions for the red filter pads that come with Pentair deck jets. I am tired of having to replace them every year I open and sometimes twice a year. They get flat and the water doesn't shoot that high in the air. I have tried to clean them with no luck.

I do have separate values plumbed in to control the height. But they still don't work as well and when there is fresh pad in it.

Pentair only sells them in the replacement kit for somewhere around $20. ....uh yea, no!... not for me every year..I'm done with that!!!

I am curious to hear what everyone else uses or if they experience it.

Thanks a bunch
Kelley

Have you tried to make your own filters? That looks like household cleaner scrubbers. How have you tried to clean them? I do know the filters are VERY important for the deck jets so I hope we can find a way to help you.

Kim:kim:

Have you tried to make your own filters? That looks like household cleaner scrubbers. How have you tried to clean them? I do know the filters are VERY important for the deck jets so I hope we can find a way to help you.

Kim:kim:
It certainly does.

IF I had to replace them, I'd look for a thin-walled pipe the right size, heat it red hot with a torch, and cut my own from a scrubber cookie-cutter style.

Trouble is, I have used several other DIY filter media.

We have koi ponds and DIY our filters. I have used a lot of different things.

I can't seem to find anything that works.....that's why I am reaching out to the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.