Pool Ladder Pads - In Ground

Woody007

Aug 20, 2020
Midwest US
I opened my pool for the first time this year, and it all went well.
First time putting in the ladder and bottom pads aren't tight up against the liner and can move 3/8" or so. Should I try harder to get the rubber pads tight up against the liner or is a small gap ok?
Not sure which is better to minimize any wear on the liner.
Thanks!
PS the pads have been on for several years. Do they need to be replaced occasionally? They seem ok at this point.

Last edited:
Good morning! :wave: It's been several days since you posted this so I figured it was time to see if you still needed assistance. Did you manage to get the pads to line-up better?
I took the ladder out and put a little lube on the tubes where they go in the concrete. They bottomed out nicely, but the bumpers are still out a little bit from the wall. The ladder is on a wall with a bit of a curve, so I don't think I'll be able to get both bumpers to touch at the same time. Pool guy says it's not uncommon for the receivers in the concrete to be out of square a little as well.
I picked up some new bumpers while I was messing with it but they are a tad too small for the tubing and make me nervous that they may move. I've ordered another pair that goes inside and over the tubing vs the ones that are like a plug (old in/out, new plug)
End of the day, I think it's probably fine. I just couldn't recall if it had a gap before and if it mattered.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.