Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Nice!! It's looking good! What is a dry stack or a mortar stack?
Some of our grout lines are thick on the coping and I don't like it either, but I'm not going to worry about them at this point as long as they're even. Lol. Picking my battles!
So glad you're getting it how you like it. Love that something is moving forward on your build and with quality work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!! It's looking good! What is a dry stack or a mortar stack?
Some of our grout lines are thick on the coping and I don't like it either, but I'm not going to worry about them at this point as long as they're even. Lol. Picking my battles!
So glad you're getting it how you like it. Love that something is moving forward on your build and with quality work!!

Thanks, TM!
The mortar joints are much better, although I would still prefer them smaller. Dry stack is without any mortar between the stones, they look like they are stacked right on top of each other. The mortar is there, you just can't see it because it is to the back of the stack. I wanted the stones really close similar to a dry stack but with mortared joints to prevent mud daubers from building nests in between the stones.

WORK! Being done AND being done how you want it!! NICE! Good job having the phone number and using it! LOVE IT!!!

Are those THE scuppers???? WOW!!!

Kim:cat:

I know, right!?! YES!! Those are THE scuppers! I. LOVE. THEM.

Nice men! We are keeping them in ice water and gave them ice cream. One said "It's muy caliente!"

They didn't get started until about 10am but worked until after 6:30. They even plugged in their own microwave!
I think this is going to be more than a 2 day job as they are not even 1/2 finished with the spa yet. I work Friday, Sat and Sun. I'm a little nervous about not being here...

The mortar is starting to dry much lighter and the brown in the stone is starting to stand out more than the grey mortar. We like it :)

Still scheduled for plaster next Friday, acid wash and fill Saturday...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cool, that's looking sturdy and elegant at the same time. Can't wait to see it all with water.

Looks great! Those scuppers are going to be amazing!

Are the scuppers copper? They're gorgeous! I can't wait to see more. I know, I know.... You too!

Nice scuppers! Can't wait to see what goes around them too, lol. So exciting! I'll be watching for those pictures!!

Thanks everyone! The scuppers are copper in an oil rubbed bronze finish. The finish is very glossy and shiny, I'm wondering how they will hold up, but I'm really thrilled with them. I wasn't expecting them to look this good. They are very heavy duty, too!
The guys will be back in the morning between 7-8. I'm hoping they are able to get a lot further tomorrow. I will post pictures as progress happens.

Thank you all for stopping by!

Blessings,
Denise

Hi :wave:

I got here late and have a lot of reading to catch up but I'm subscribed to your thread now!!! :)

Help me understand the outstanding Scuppers. They are a nautical term and all PBs never mentioned them. You must have explained them on one of your posts but I can't find other than the great pictures. I think they work like the overflow urns one PB told me to use instead of sheer waterfalls.

Hi Irwin!
I'm so sorry you went through this whole thread! Lol! I would have suggested you pick up where we are and go from here ;)

The scuppers are a water feature like a sheer descent. They come in various and sundry shapes and styles, providing varying flows of water. These are U-shaped scuppers from Bobe Fire and Water in copper with an oil rubbed bronze finish. I really liked the radius scuppers for their more choppy, broken water flow but was concerned about the little hands that will inevitably try grabbing and hanging on them the radius ones looked like they could cut flesh, these are heavy duty with smooth rounded edges and provide the same type of water flow as the radius. Now that they are set in place, the masons will build the wall around them.

Thanks for taking the time to catch up! (Whew!)

Blessings!
Denise

Hi Irwin!
I'm so sorry you went through this whole thread! Lol! I would have suggested you pick up where we are and go from here ;)

The scuppers are a water feature like a sheer descent. They come in various and sundry shapes and styles, providing varying flows of water. These are U-shaped scuppers from Bobe Fire and Water in copper with an oil rubbed bronze finish. I really liked the radius scuppers for their more choppy, broken water flow but was concerned about the little hands that will inevitably try grabbing and hanging on them the radius ones looked like they could cut flesh, these are heavy duty with smooth rounded edges and provide the same type of water flow as the radius. Now that they are set in lace, the Mason's will build the wall around them.

Thanks for taking the time to catch up! (Whew!)

Blessings!
Denise

Ok. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing pics of them running.

Thanks for visiting my thread. I added more pics.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing pics of them running.

Thanks for visiting my thread. I added more pics.

I love following builds!!! I'll check out your new pictures this evening!!

You have a date for water in the pool!!!! So excited for you!

Sheree, even if it's not that EXACT date, I know it's real close! I'm nervous and excited (nervited) all at the same time!

Well, the spa has stone! It took 2 full days and it still doesn't have the flagstone cap, but we have progress!
Best workmanship to date! They have been very pleasant and have changed things I haven't liked with no problems.
In the pictures, the mortar is really dark but it will be lighter when it's dry. In person you can see the brown in the stone. If the deck were darker like I had wanted, the contrast would be better. However, it's looking nice. We are happy with the stone.
Since I work the next 3 days, they are going to construct the wall with the pedestals and the firepit doing the pattern they have been using. They won't do the cap until Monday when I'm home to make sure I like the way they do it. This is a nice change- workers that want to work with me for a good result.

We also laid out the size and placement of the fire pit.

Enjoy the pictures! Depending on how my weekend goes at work and what time I get home, I'll try to post more updates as they do more.

Very cool! It's looking really nice with that stone. So glad you have a good crew that wants to work with you on all of it!! About time! Can't wait to see the tops!

How will they finish the ledge under your glass spa wall? Will they plaster it since it will be under water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.