Have an issue with SWG reading 4000 salt, but Taylor salt test shows 2800-3000.

g3lo

May 29, 2015
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I tried recalibrating the Aquarite SWG, but it won’t go below 4000. Anyway to force system to show 3000?

We haven’t replaced the cell we cleaned it with acid and replaced last seasons. I dont think it will generate because it’s over the maximum salt level we need it to show below 3600.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I asked because this can be an issue with the new “long life” cells as they have extra coating on them but if it’s not new & wasn’t doing it before there’s something else going on.
Hold tight for
@ajw22 or @JamesW

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:

• Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
  • What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?

We haven’t replaced the cell we cleaned it with acid and replaced last seasons. I dont think it will generate because it’s over the maximum salt level we need it to show below 3600.

The Hayward system does not have a maximum salt level and it does not have a salinity sensor that measures the salt level. The system calculates a salt level based on the volts and amps and the performance of a new cell.

"Calibration" just resets the display to the current calculation.

cell set correctly in system at t-15 - will get readings and report back. After few days I got it down to 3700. But still high - Taylor kit reads 14 drops (2800)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Auto to Off:

26P

AL-0

r1.59

T-15

Off to auto:

26P

AL-0

r1.59

T-15

Off 1-min to auto:

26P

AL-0

r1.59

T-15

Cell: TCELL940-CUL
I dont have the box and unable to find serial

2800 (14 drops x 200 of Taylor K-1766 salt kit)

Last edited:
What’s strange is when I set the dial to 20 it says check salt, when I set dial to 30-50 it chlorinates with volts 25.5 / 6.10 amps on diagnostics

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.