Harmonic noise from newly installed RayPak 366A NG

High inlet gas pressure could be the cause of the problem.

Maybe due to a defective gas pressure regulator.

Most likely, you did not need to adjust the gas valve.
Just checked my pressures with an inexpensive digital manometer. Inlet pressure without demand is 10 drops to 7.5 with heater on. Internal gas regulator demand is at 2.4 ( no harmonics) as soon as I start increasing pressure at about 2.5 the harmonics start. The more I increase up to 4.0 it’s full volume harmonics. Not sure how accurate the Raypak digital board is. So at 2.4 says good flames no error codes. At 4.0 says good flames again nothing showing in fault menu. Any other data I need to get?

A minimum of 6 in. WC and a maximum of 10.5 in. WC upstream pressure under load and no-load conditions must be provided for natural gas.

A minimum of 12 in. WC and a maximum of 13 in. WC are required for propane gas under load and no-load conditions.

Gas Pressure Regulator

The gas pressure regulator is preset at 4.0 in. WC for natural gas, and 10.5 in. WC. for propane gas.

The pressure at the gas valve, taken with a manometer, should be about 4.0 in. WC natural gas and 10.5 in. WC propane gas.

If an adjustment is needed, remove seal and turn adjustment screw clockwise to increase pressure or counter-clockwise to decrease pressure.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/AWSProd/sites/raypakcom/documents/241236.pdf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.