GVA Alternative...

That looks like most standard 24V valve actuators. Pentair is no longer supporting their old CVA valves in favor of their newer, and much less reliable, IntelliValves. As long as the internals are the same and they are still using metal gears in the drive train, then it should be an exact replacement. Hard to know unless you take the plunge and buy one …

Pool running at 100%. All issues fixed. The heater fire was caused by a Rat/Mice nest igniting. Note to Self: Clean out the whole heater prior to spring first start.
New Pentair heater gets wrapped with Stainless steel mesh. Maybe a second Cooper layer as well.

It's always something...

Reactions: JamesW
Pool running at 100%. All issues fixed. The heater fire was caused by a Rat/Mice nest igniting. Note to Self: Clean out the whole heater prior to spring first start.
New Pentair heater gets wrapped with Stainless steel mesh. Maybe a second Cooper layer as well.

It's always something...

I put snap traps around my pool equipment with the cup filled with peanut butter and a little sprinkle of bird seed. They can’t help themselves. If you snag enough of them, the population of vermin in the local vicinity decreases a bit. There are companies online that make precut rat-proofing screen for almost all the heater brands. It’s pricey but saves time cutting screen.

One other thing you can try is buying a heater cover to put over the heater during the winter and then place a bunch of mothballs (the old school napthalene type) inside the heater. The high concentration of napthalene vapors will drive away most critters. They do sell heater covers or you can probably find a large barrel smoker cover that would work well enough.

Reactions: JamesW
Thanks for the MK link. ordered this morning. New owner comments: the Pentair 400 is at least 40% smaller than my old Hayward 400 and heats much faster then the hayward.

my old Hayward 400 and heats much faster then the hayward.
400 should put out 400. That indicates your old Hayward 400 had other issues and was not putting out its rated heat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.