Georgetown, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a Jandy Neverlube 3-port valve as a bypass for my heater (Raypak), and an Intellicenter (everything besides heater is Pentair). I want to add an actuator for the bypass, but I'm a little confused looking at the actuator options.

They all (Pentair, Jandy, generic) seem to claim universal application, though I've read conflicting recommendations (match the brand to the valve, which would be Jandy VS match the brand to the automation system, which would be Pentair).

Also, Pentair has their standard actuator and also the Intellivalve, which seems to have more levels of control (?), which shouldn't matter for the application which requires simple on/off?

Finally, I initially ordered a Pentair standard actuator, but was actually send a Tork generic actuator. The box said Pentair, but I found the Tork on Amazon for about half the price I paid for a Pentair (https://www.amazon.com/NSI-TPE24VA-Actuator-Compatible-Equipment/dp/B08ZV6GHZQ), so I sent it back. The Tork looked VERY similar to the photos of the Pentair, and the quality seemed OK for what seems like a pretty consumable product (lots of reviews suggest failures, regardless of brand)... I imagine they're all made in China anyway.

Anybody have a recommendation for the best option based on experience?

Thank you!

It would appear that the valve actuator brand really does not matter they are all pretty universal. What you do want to verify is that the screws included are not to long as there does appear to be some variance in the screws

Each diverter valve manufacturer uses different screw threads. Putting the wrong screw threads into a diverter can crack the plastic screw holes.

The longer screws to anchor the actuator comes with the actuator. Put a Jandy actuator on a Jandy diverter and the screw threads match with no problem.

Put a Jandy actuator on a Pentair valve using the Jandy supplied screws and you can have cracked screw holes in the diverter.

I do not know what screw threads come with the Tork actuator.

Now if you are replacing an actuator and reuse the existing screws THEN you can use an brand actuator as other then the damm screws they are all compatible.

BTW, the Pentair IntelliValve does not have any more control then a standard actuator. No Intelli features have been implemented by Pentair so far.

Each diverter valve manufacturer uses different screw threads. Putting the wrong screw threads into a diverter can crack the plastic screw holes.

The longer screws to anchor the actuator comes with the actuator. Put a Jandy actuator on a Jandy diverter and the screw threads match with no problem.

Put a Jandy actuator on a Pentair valve using the Jandy supplied screws and you can have cracked screw holes in the diverter.

I do not know what screw threads come with the Tork actuator.

Now if you are replacing an actuator and reuse the existing screws THEN you can use an brand actuator as other then the damm screws they are all compatible.

BTW, the Pentair IntelliValve does not have any more control then a standard actuator. No Intelli features have been implemented by Pentair so far.
Thank you! I ordered a Jandy to ensure the screws fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.