Green swamp

Someone also posted on the thread that was comparing bleach prices that Rural King usually always places their Cases of LIQUID SHOCK On Sale for 6.99/case, instead of 7.99 around Labor Day? (so an even a better price :)). I've not personally checked to see if it is on sale at the moment here, but it very well could be, or be getting ready to come on sale any day now? I hope this helps.

EDIT: changed bleach to liquid shock in content.

I have been buying my bleach at Rural King for a couple of weeks now. They have been charging me $12.79 for 12 gallons. This is the bleach from Rural King.
IMG_20150827_192354892_HDR.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the pool. Let me know if it looks normal and has to run it's course or if I need to do something else.

IMG_20150827_175229688.jpg

IMG_20150827_152535292.jpg

IMG_20150827_175750492.jpg

IMG_20150827_175754158.jpg

I don't get the bleach from RK, actually I've never priced their bleach here, I'm getting the 10% Liquid Pool Shock.

Here's what I use http://www.ruralking.com/aquamate-liquid-shock-4-gallons-lc4.html

Sorry I saw where I wrote bleach above. I meant to write Liquid Shock lol I say the word bleach so many times a day anymore that I think it's embedded in me wittle brain LOL. Have a wonderful night.

Rusty I checked on that bleach on Rk online site and it says it's 3%, but it doesn't specify 3% of what. Does your actual bottle say it's Sodium Hypochlorite?

http://www.ruralking.com/bleach-majestic-gallon.html The liquid shock is 2.00 a gallon and it 10% so that 3 times more Sodium Hypochlorite in them?

I even went back and looked at the reviews and they weren't good on it. There were 2 and both were complaining that there is no ingredients on the jug to let a person know what is even in it. I bought a big bulk box of bleach tablets to make my own bleach for laundry and it is Not Sodium Hypochlorite it is actually something along the lines of Dichlor. (which until I arrived here at TFP I had no clue there was a difference in some bleach contents, or shocks anyway but there sure is). LOL so I just live and learn.

The pool has looked like this for around a week.

I have been adding the RK bleach using 8.5% in pool math and it is working out right. For example if it says to add 30oz to go from 22 to 24 it works out. When I run out I am going to try the Walmart bleach.

Today I vacuumed again. Backflushed the filter and added some more DE. I also added a nylon sock to the skimmer basket.

It could be 8.5 if the Pool Math is working out fine.

I hate that it's been like that for a week now :(. Hopefully changing bleach brands will help move things along for you too.

That nylons in the skimmer basket, and the DE should HELP a lot. I wrote a thread on how beneficial the pantyhose are for that purpose. Both helped me out tremendously.

Just be sure to watch your pressure gauge closely for rapid pressure increases with the DE in there. You are doing an awesome job, and doing all you can to get it cleared. Some just take a little longer to clear than others (mine was one of them too). But hopefully before long your pool will be all clean, and clear. and purty and you can :swim: till your heart's content :). Keep up the great job, and Have a wonderful night.

I looked back at your pics from the beginning. It has changed and moved in the right direction for sure! It was GREEEN! Kind of pretty but not for a pool!

There is quite a bit of clearing needed for sure. If your wallet can take the hit I wonder if the Alum would help clear it up faster. Looking back at Mr. Bruce's thread it sure did the trick.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I took a sample in a glass. After three hours I can see very small white clumps suspended all around with a small amount settled on the bottom. I took a picture but it won't let me upload it, says I exceeded my limit. I bought some Alum flock. I put a water sample in a baggie and mixed in a couple of granules. I wanted to make sure it will work in there before I add it to the pool.

If it's settling naturally, shut off your pump for a while and let it settle. Then vacuum it to waste. Adjust your returns before you turn the pump back on so you don't stir the floor up.

The glass test is done to indicate if cloudiness is particulate and will precipitate. Why add floc at this point if it will settle naturally?

I've been following your thread, watching your slam and understand your impatience. My pool wasn't green just so cloudy couldn't see past a couple of inches to begin with. After finding TFP, I slammed it, and it took several weeks, lots and lots of filtering. I finally used the knee highs and just kept cleaning my cartridge filters as needed and my water now is crystal clear. I think a lot of mine was from all the "shock" we had put in prior to finding TFP. This method does work. Just hang in there. Good Luck!

I guess after working with it for six weeks and it still isn't clear anybody would be a little impatient. I turned off the pump and let it settle overnight. I will let it settle until tomorrow and vacuum to waste. Here is a picture of what it looks like after settling overnight. Well no picture I'm still over my guota. That is a picture of before I turned the pump off.

Attachments

• IMG_20150827_152535292.jpg
    IMG_20150827_152535292.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 60

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.