Green swamp

Here are some more numbers. Can you tell by looking at them if things are improving or am I doing something wrong?

8/6/15. 1pm FC is 21 CC is 1.5

8/6/15. 3:30pm. FC is 18. CC is 2

8/6/15 11:30pm. FC is 17.5. CC is 1

8/7/15. 7am. FC is 14 CC is 1.5

8/7/15. 1:30pm. FC is 16. CC is 1.5

8/7/15. 4pm. FC is 16 CC is 1.5

- - - Updated - - -

If it helps to know I have used 16 gallons of bleach.

Pictures will be your friend as you start to see the color change. There will be times you are hating the pool and thinking you are wasting your time and money (on bleach) BUT if you take pics every day you will see the slight change in color then as it starts clearing the change in how clear it is.

We would LOVE for you to share the pics with us. You will need to use Photobucket or such to share them.

Good luck and happy SLAMing!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I want to thank everybody for their help and encouragement. I worked with two different pool companies for a total of three weeks and saw no change in the pool. I found this forum two weeks ago and after nine days of treatment here are the results.
IMG_20150805_152035105.jpg
IMG_20150805_152035105.jpg
IMG_20150810_084948188_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150811_105737865_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150814_123356476.jpg
There is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks again everybody.

You can try some DE as long as you have a good working pressure gauge.

Backwash your filter first. At the skimmer add about 1/4 cup of DE (pool not food grade). Watch the pressure gauge on your filter. Keep adding another 1/4 cup every 10 to 15 minutes, until you see a 2psi rise in your gauge. Then stop and monitor. If the PSI continues to climb, backwash, and add 1/4 cup less of DE the next time. Depending on how much algae you have it may not last long.

Looking back I'm wondering if it wouldn't have been easier to drain the pool and start from scratch. I have been doing the slam for 15 days now. I have used 46 gallons of bleach. The water is blue but cloudy. You can't see more than a few inches down. I'm starting to get the feeling by the time the slam is done Winter will be here.

I have the same kind of pool as you ,and they actually recommend Not draining them because the liner can shrink, or the walls can collapse, etc.

Mine took 19 days and 76 gallons to clear it. Although it might have very well been easier to drain it and start from scratch, as you said, although not recommend for our particular pools, it wouldn't have been near as educational :). Now we not only know how to SLam it if it turns green in the future, we also know how to hopefully keep it from turning green again in the 1st place. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.