Green pool, I'm losing faith in the fight!!

qa6emaby.jpg

:)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Test #12
SLAM = 16
FC ~ 16

Sun is in full force today

@JVTrain I wish I had a robot in my pool, trust me. All poles and arms for me :(

Gave it a good brushing and will add another half bottle. No luck on the 0871 yet but fingers crossed. I think she's looking better though.
yhuperad.jpg

Test #13
SLAM = 16
FC ~ 14 - 16

Adding a bottle to be sure.

Anyone have experience with diluting a dpd test? I'm testing twice each time to be sure. I feel like every test shows between 3 and 5 ppm. I'm trying to stay on the + side to make sure I'm not under SLAM. I should get the reagent tomorrow hopefully.

I'm using a smaller Taylor dpd test kit that I had before I got the k2006. I ran out of 0871 in the k2006 so I'm using the other kit and diluting the test since it only reads to 5ppm. I don't mind burning through those reagents. I have a 2 oz bottle of 0871 on the way from tftestkits.net

Test #14
SLAM = 16
FC = 16

Pool light on at night shows a good whitish cloud starting to form. Going to start keeping an eye on the filter pressure and backwash as needed as the dead algae start to filter out.

Going with what seems to be working so far, adding a bottle for the night and going to test again in the morning.

Swept every square inch twice today. I haven't vacuumed at all so far.

Looking better!

I've noticed in a few pictures that in the lower right area where the 45 degree (well, technically 135 degree) corners are, on the floor of the pool some pictures are uniform bottom color, others look like a discolored blob in that area. Are you getting build up of dead algae there and then when you sweep it churns up and gets filtered or is there staining?

Have you fired up the vacuum yet? I know my robot helped get the sediment/dead stuff off the bottom quite a bit, improving water clarity.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will take a few pics before I sweep...

syvuqyry.jpg

vezugaty.jpg

Hard to see in the pics but it looks like an area that collects algae, maybe coming out of the return just above it? I've noticed this over the last few weeks. It's not stain, sweeps right into a green cloud. I'm thinking I should start vac'ing in the morning to get what I can then sweep the rest?

It might be more efficient to vacuum up those piles/blobs when you see them. Then you know they get sent through the filter, and hopefully get trapped in there for your next backwash.

I have a robot that is great for picking up dead algae and think really helped accelerate my clarity improvement. You could even put an old nylon or thin stretchy sock in the skimmer basket while vacuuming to catch some fine particles in that. They sell skimmer socks just for filtering out fine particles like pollen, etc before they even get to the filter. Just have to clean the socks too then...

Doesn't hurt to try a few things in an attempt to accelerate the SLAM process.

I've been reading up on some things like cleaning out the sand filter with a hose. I'm not sure the previous owner ever did anything with the filter other than install it. Could be a good step after SLAMing

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.