Green pool, I'm losing faith in the fight!!

If it's below SLAM level, sure. Even if it's above, all it might do is irritate your skin and bleach out your swimsuit.

Before you do that, get things ready: line the path from the pool to the shower with old towels. Then make a dash for the shower, rinse out the suit, and lather up good. Expect to smell like chloramines for an hour or two afterwards. If you want to dry off some before you make the dash, use an old towel you don't care about. A white one would be ideal, a little bleaching won't hurt it.

I do have a clean pool next door to dash too, but going from algae to a clean pool is bad news right?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
If the neighbor maintains adequate FC, it shouldn't hurt anything. If he doesn't... you'll be swimming in a clear sparkling pool next weekend while he shovels buckets of expensive powders into his swamp. :evil:

munu2usu.jpg

Full sun after a good sweeping.

uhyhe7ej.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test #8
SLAM = 16
FC ~ 18 (using diluted dpd test now)
CC = ?

CC doesn't really matter until the water is clear.

You have the three tests. 1) the water is clear. If yes, then..
2) CC is less than .5 If yes, then...
3) Overnight loss is 1 or less. If yes, then done.

If the answer to any of those three questions is no, you keep slamming.

Test #11
SLAM = 16
FC ~ 19-20
CC = smelly

Still using dilution, 0871 hopefully here today for some more accurate results.

I'll post a pic when it's in full sun but I think I may have my first color change :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.