Green pool, I'm losing faith in the fight!!

The only reason the recommended FC slam level is to keep the process as economical as possible.
downlo had a good thought about maybe some mustard tho... certainly wont hurt anything.

Keep that algae stirred up too. There is definitely an improvement by those 2 pics.

Funny, I was going to recommend the same thing about mustard shock level. Sometimes you have to go for the kill! :D

Stirring up algae with a brush is counterproductive?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Only "counterproductive" if you can't suck most of it out first. Yes, you need to brush the pool. If you can get rid of most of the "heavy stuff" that is dropped or on the bottom instead of stirring it up, the clean-up process will go quicker and better. I just thought since he was draining the pool anyway to lower the CYA, I was surprised no one suggested to remove it. It certainly depends on how your pump is set up, but a fairly easy process. I was able to take a pool in a much worse condition and get it cleared up within 2 days using the tips found here and sucking most of the bottom algae out first. My next door neighbor had same type of condition but wouldn't go to the trouble of "rigging" his pump up to vacuum it out. It took almost three weeks to clear up and endless "cleaning" sessions of his filter. Your pool is starting to turn the corner...... hopefully you will be enjoying sparkling water soon! The tips and the people on this forum are the best!! Best to you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test #22
SLAM = 24
FC = 18

1.5 bottles going in.
Took a resupply trip to Walmart today, they don't often have more then 10-12 on the shelf :(

Didn't get a chance to snap a pic today but it's still improving. Getting to a milky white assumed to be dead algae. Now would be a great time for a DE filter instead of sand.

Test #22
SLAM = 24
FC = 18

1.5 bottles going in.
Took a resupply trip to Walmart today, they don't often have more then 10-12 on the shelf :(

Didn't get a chance to snap a pic today but it's still improving. Getting to a milky white assumed to be dead algae. Now would be a great time for a DE filter instead of sand.

So add some DE to your sand filter! http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/133-add-de-to-a-sand-filter

Test #23
SLAM = 24
FC = 21
CC = 0
7eby9usa.jpg

I've seen that Richard, thought about doing that this year :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.