Green pool, I'm losing faith in the fight!!

The reason 7.2 is recommended, is because the slam process is going to raise the PH. The 7.2 is going to prevent it from going too high while slamming... as that might not be good in case you end up slamming for several days, and especially for plaster pools.

The high FC will also effect any ph test results, so it wont be possible to keep an eye on Ph by testing.

Or...should I get it closer to 7.2?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

While I'm thinking about it, should I start with the exact amount of bleach (3.75 called for to get FC to 16) or just add all of the 4th bottle?

I think most of us would just dump all 4 at once for the convenience factor. In a pool as green as yours, by the time you get to the fourth jug, that extra 1/4 bottle is probably already used up.

quvy8ysu.jpg
ana8unaj.jpg

Pre SLAM pics

7.2 on the nose

Starting my SLAM

R-0871 refill should be here tomorrow or tuesday, let's hope my current supply lasts enough!!

4 bottles of 121 oz 8.25% bleach
Slam target = 16

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like the trend is to drop FC by 1 every hour, can I assume this continues and base the evening on that?

What is the course of action to maintain now that I'm dropping close to my SLAM target? Should I start adding 30 oz every hour to counter the 1 ppm hourly drop?

I want to continue to test as much as I need to, but I'm starting to get slim on 0871!

Test #4
SLAM = 16
FC = 17
CC <0.5

Sun is completely behind the horizon now.

I might have enough for one more 10ml test with the k2006, I better start figuring out how to use the other test for a day :( It's the smaller Tayler kit DPD deluxe from Leslie's...it uses the two liquid drops instead of the powder.

I might have enough for one more 10ml test with the k2006, I better start figuring out how to use the other test for a day :( It's the smaller Tayler kit DPD deluxe from Leslie's...it uses the two liquid drops instead of the powder.
Use a mixing tube to dilute your sample with bottled (non-chlorinated!) water then multiply your result by the appropriate factor. Unlike the yellow OTO test, the DPD test doesn't get darker and darker at higher FC levels. It eventually bleaches out giving a false low.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.